28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Associate LMS Administrator & E-Learning Instructional Designer is responsible for creating high-quality, effective, and efficient e-learning modules, and working directly with our Learning Management System (LMS). This Individual Contributor position is a beginner level in most core skills and proficient in some. The ideal candidate for this position would be a highly driven individual with relevant technical experience and the ability to thrive in a changing environment.
- This position reports to the Senior Director, Global Learning Solutions & Development and has no direct or indirect reports
- Minimal travel required
- Use Articulate Storyline 360 and other software at a beginner level to create functional/technical online training courses to drive critical business outcomes and adapt trainings to end-learner needs
- Utilize Valmont's learning management system at a beginner level to provide technical support to end-users
- Support the Cornerstone Enterprise LMS to gain experience in this area
- Gather knowledge from subject matter experts and available resources to mold the information into interactive, educational deliverables comprised of text, video, and other multimedia elements using Adobe Creative Suite software
- Support the testing and adjusting of the training materials to correct any technical problems, and produce documentation describing the design process
- Work with other instructional designers on a team, as well as subject matter experts for content, throughout Valmont's divisions for North American and global stakeholders
- This role may require occasional travel (up to 5%), including overnight stays
- This position reports into Senior Director of Global Learning Solutions and Development and has no direct reports and will occasionally assist lesser skilled team members
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or Associates Degree with 3+ years of relevant experience or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with: multi-media creation, or e-Learning development, or LMS administration
- Ability to learn new software such as Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- The ability to use a digital camera, a tablet and a video camera
- The ability to work in an environment of change and innovation while maintaining organization
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Experience with storyboarding (creating a roadmap of the learning journey of a course)
- Interest in adult learning theories and curriculum development
- Interest in Learning Management Systems LMS, (Cornerstone)
- Interest in E-Learning Design, E-Marketing, E-Communications, Education, Social Media or Web Development
- Technical writing and multimedia experience
- Experience with audio recording and editing
- Experience with video/film recording and editing software (Adobe Premier Pro CC)
- Fluency in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, or Russian
- The ability to adjust the content of multimedia presentations for different demographics and/or end-users
- Skill to use Articulate 360 software
- Skill to use Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and Camtasia
- The ability to learn how to use web conferencing tools
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
The employee frequently is required to use hands to type, finger, handle, and reach while working in the office on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and move about the office. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds when working with larger cameras, microphone stands and audio equipment. There are areas of the plant that can only be accessed by climbing stairs although visits to these areas are rare. The employee needs to be able to bend down and twist to plug equipment into some hard to reach electrical sockets. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee needs to be able to hear in order to edit the audio areas of the videos. It is rare that an employee would have to work from an elevated height such as from a ladder. The employee needs to be able to get to and from different sites used for filming. This position requires some decision making that will be visible to large areas of the company and there are times when the workload is great. Although some of the tasks are repetitive, the job has new challenges every day.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.