600 W Reichmuth Rd Valley Nebraska 68064-0358
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
This role can be based in the areas of Phoenix, AZ; San Diego or Bay Area, CA; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; Washington DC; Omaha, NE. Will also consider remote work from anywhere in the US.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is an individual contributor responsible for inside pre-sales and post-sales on the North American Solar Sales team. The Inside Sales Representative assists the outside sales team in handling assigned accounts as well as support own assigned accounts. This role can be based in the areas of Phoenix, AZ; San Diego or Bay Area, CA; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; Washington DC; Omaha, NE. Will also consider remote work from anywhere in the US.
- This position reports to the Vice President & General Manager - Global Solar and has no direct or indirect reports
- Ability to travel, primarily domestically, up to 5 - 10%
- Manage, develop, and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective customers through email and/or phone and respond to customer questions and requests in a timely manner
- Act as the main internal point of contact for Sales-related inquiries, including serve as the liaison between internal departments, the Sales Representatives, and the customer including reporting on status of projects
- Prepare documents, gather data, and coordinate with Sales Representatives to prepare for customer presentations and visits
- Provide Voice of the Customer feedback to the organization and drive continuous improvement efforts focused on the customers
- Support activities associated with launching new products and services
- Attend sales meetings, conferences and trade shows
- Must maintain appropriate professional competencies, certifications, licenses, etc., necessary to perform job
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of work as this is used for order processing by other departments
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of marketing, product engineering, industrial engineering, sales service, traffic/shipping, manufacturing, purchasing, and accounting functions as related to the product
- Must possess the capabilities of prudent, on-the-spot, advanced problem solving skills with attention to detail and a math orientation
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Responsible for all order related tasks, including, but not limited to comparison of total purchase order terms to Valmont terms and pricing policy, calculating margins and commissions, order processing, scheduling input, order expediting through all internal departments, order entry into the computer systems, and credit-related functions
- Process quotes and orders on a timely basis and monitor flow through various departments, including expediting when required
- Maintain a complete understanding of the quote and order entry systems and all the process and procedure changes that occur
- Insures recommended margin levels be met on all quotations
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with all who receive prices or place orders
- Evaluates and re-prices quotes and orders when changes are made or negotiations take place
- Expeditiously resolve problems as they occur both internally and externally
- Verify orders received against quote documents, enter and schedule orders and maintain open communication with representatives and customers as to the progress of orders
- Manage and communicate specifics for all assigned quotations including the initial review and summarization through follow-up activities
- Establish and maintain customer master files on all assigned accounts to provide timely information, minimize quotation and order turnaround time, and to maximize accuracy and effectiveness
- Maintain a cooperative attitude in dealing with all departments of the company as a customer contact
- Participate or lead on various divisional/departmental continuous improvement teams or projects
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's degree with 3+ years relevant experience in sales, quotations, or customer service roles or Associates Degree with 5+ years relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership, commercial competencies, cross functional team building and communication skills with ability to use independent judgement
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present information to management and customers.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with a positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced environment with specific deadlines
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Ten years of inside sales management experience
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Marketing, Construction Management, or related field
- Knowledge of solar industry
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment or with a manufacturing company in a customer service capacity
- Ability to understand and analyze engineering details, project plans, and specifications
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Most of the overnight domestic travel, which represents approximately 5-10% of the year, is within the assigned territory. Work is typically performed in an office or vehicle setting when traveling to meet with customer. The incumbent is regularly required to sit and/or drive for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and participate in meetings. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.