28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
As the Supply Chain Intern, you will get exposure to the day-to-day workings of the Supply Chain Planning functions of North American Pole Operations. You will learn about business technology optimization, spend analysis, production scheduling, multi-site planning, as well as supply and demand planning. The incumbent will work on a variety of projects within the sales and operations planning team. The incumbent receives in-house guidance from Procurement Specialists, Operations Managers and Production Control personnel, and Demand Generation partners. The Supply Chain Intern works on Lean methodology and efficiency from a manufacturing standpoint.
Responsibilities include choosing one of the available supply chain intern projects to complete during the months of the internship and owning development and deployment of that project. During the summer internship the incumbent is continually acquiring an increased knowledge of supply chain and operations management while learning more regarding Valmont's manufacturing and strategic capabilities.
Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- Analysis to optimize planning decision making. In-depth analytics and business intelligence capability will be critical
- Utilize in-house consultation of master scheduler, demand planner, and production control management teams to optimize integrated business plan across North American Operations footprint
- Support IT projects related to design and architecture of ERP systems and business intelligence platforms
- Help support the Demand Generation team in supplying information relevant to creating a better sales and operations plan.
- Maintain appropriate professional competencies necessary to perform job
- Make management aware of any training needs you have. Consult your management immediately if you are being asked to perform work for which you are not trained and/or are not comfortable doing because of potential safety or risk implications
- Laboratory Quality Assurance testing
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Junior or Senior standing within an Supply Chain, Engineering or Operations Management degree with junior year required work completed by Internship start date
- The ability to dedicate 40 hours a week for on-site projects in Valley, NE
- College classwork in material requirements planning completed
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Business acumen
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, incumbent is required to go into the production or shipping/receiving areas. While visiting the manufacturing areas of the plant, use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required at all times. The intern is regularly required to sit, move about the plant, talk and listen on the phone and attend meetings. The Supply Chain Intern may need to travel to a different venues for work related reasons. There is potential for very limited overnight travel required for this position (less than 5%).
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.