28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is accountable for the credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy and periodic credit reviews of existing customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses. This position requires specialization in several phases of manufacturing and commercial credit. It is important for the incumbent to be able to analyze customer financial statements along with other information such as: trade and bank references, Dunn and Bradstreet reports and payment history with Valmont in order to set a credit limit that will not only maximize sales, but at the same time, mitigate the risk of selling to the customer on open account. The incumbent must be able to manage multiple inputs of information with respect to a customer's backlog in manufacturing, A/R balance and credit limit.
- This position reports to the Director, Financial Services and has one direct report and no indirect reports
- This role requires up to 5% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
- Monitors customer accounts - A/R balance, backlog report and payment trends. Make adjustments with respect to credit terms, credit limits and shipping schedules as analysis of information dictates
- Contact Customers to collect past due balances, stay abreast of market conditions and general business environment
- Responsible for investigating and verifying financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit, preparing documents to substantiate findings, and recommending rejection or approval of applications
- Maintain customer credit files and information on the customer master within the ERP system
- Establishes credit limitations on customer accounts and handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment
- Establishes and updates customers' credit activities
- Reviews collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures
- Collaborates with Coatings management, sales and project administration teams to resolve customer disputes which cause payment delays
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports for Director, Financial Services and Coatings Management teams for review
- Assists management in the formulation of credit policy
Other Important Details about the Role:
The Assistant Credit Manager is one of three positions within the Credit Department that is responsible for the credit risk mitigation, collection of receivables and establishing and maintaining customer accounts. The Corporate Shared Services Credit Department also supports the Coatings Division, Specialty Structures and the Structures operations in Canada. The incumbent shall possess a high level of analytical and verbal communication skills to effectively complete credit department tasks. Must have complete understanding of how to analyze customer financial statements and approve or decline customer credit based on financial information. The incumbent must be comfortable making collection calls and establishing contact with customers to resolve issues that delay payment. Incumbent must have the ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Will be responsible for making decision required to complete the credit granting process. The incumbent shall make decisions based on factual data received from customer financial statements, industry trade reports, Dunn and Bradstreet reports and customer trade and bank references. Must be able to make decisions on when to release orders from credit hold based on customer credit worthiness. Accurate, efficient performance directly affects the smooth and timely order flow, which in turn aids all departments and increases customer satisfaction. Errors in judgment by this position could result in financial loss by Valmont or potential loss of existing and prospective customers. Information generated by this position assists the accounting department with the proper application of funds received. Increased receivable turnover maximizes company profitability and minimizes exposure to financial loss from bad debts/ Incumbent's actions directly impact Coatings Division, and bad debt and receivable turnover objectives are set by respective Division Management.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of relevant experience or Associate's Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
- Previous credit or accounting experience
- Demonstrate ability to use independent judgment, discretion and initiative in performing job duties
- Strong numeric and analytic aptitude
- Experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; working with many different individuals and multiple priorities
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.