28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Scheduler/Planner is responsible for logically and accurately scheduling and reviewing finished goods and components through all phases of the manufacturing areas. The Scheduler/Planner coordinates customer information to the production floor and ensures that ship dates are met. The incumbent analyze and review various reports and tools to seek resolution to issues with minimal supervision. The incumbent will have a key role in coordinating the production of product and ensuring efficiency within the department. The Scheduler/Planner will communicate with various levels of staff regarding any changes to production to ensure customer satisfaction as well as ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Develop and communicate a rolling schedule with a two week production plan
- Review and provide guidance on potential scenarios that could hinder production plan
- Schedule and request shop packets as well as reschedule or modify packets as needed
- Review and resolve MRP exceptions as needed
- Coordinate and/or assist in resolution of scheduling conflicts through all phases of production, sales, and maintenance to ensure customer satisfaction
- Analyze and provide authorization of customer improvement requests
- Daily use of Cyberqueries, MRP, Radley, QAD, Access and Excel for scheduling, customer information and providing various reports
- Receive SuperStruct plate and various miscellaneous items using Radley
- Create product structures, change BOM's and monitor and change scrap rates and run rates including Tubing and SuperStruct products using QAD, RADLEY and CYBERQUERY
- This position reports into the Plant Manager and does not have any direct or indirect reports
- This role does not require travel
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Reordering of lost and scrapped parts as needed
- Provide assistance with production team around technical or production needs
- Provide assistance/back up to Release Coordinator, and other departments including Production Control, Purchasing and Receiving as needed
- Builds collaboration between various departments to ensure strategic and logistical needs are met in a timely fashion
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities): 6-12 bullets
- Associates Degree with 3+ years of experience or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven public relations skills both verbally and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven experience with production planning and scheduling
- Working knowledge of various mills and production equipment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in relevant field.
- Working knowledge of QAD, Radley, Cyberquery, and Access
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office as well as spend a fair amount of time on the production floor. Proper PPE including safety glasses and metatarsal boots are required. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.