1381 Hwy 17 North Fort Meade Florida 33841
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Dimension Saw Operator for the Pre-stressing Steel prepares finished product to customer specification for storage and shipment; set up rigging for shipment of finished product.
- Cutting of pre-stressing steel in accordance with the assumed requirements
- Knowledge of the operating instructions
- Control of resources for production
- Preparation of steel for the production of pre-stressing reinforcement wires
- Reporting low stock
- Reporting noticed defects and faults to the manager
- Check the technical condition of devices and tools on a daily basis, complete the work and maintenance logs of devices
- Do not obstruct access to the emergency stops and the main switch
- Compliance with the general OHS and fire safety instructions and workplace instructions
- Follow the instructions of superiors and management
- Maintaining order in your workplace
- Basic knowledge of the FPC system
Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Supervisor and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work one(1) or two (2) shifts of overtime per week
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to chemicals and irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Basic education
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process of spun cast concrete poles
- Basic knowledge of the computer
- Current medical examination
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Posses These Preferred Qualifications:
- Authority to operate the crane and the forklift
- Experience with or knowledgeable of pole production process
- Skills of making reinforcements (meets the requirements of the steel fixer)
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
- Work on the production floor, mainly standing and walking position
- This position is part-time, the equipment (the saw) is an automatic machine. The employee can perform other activities near the machine. (eg. Can be a Fixer for the Spun Cast Concrete Poles)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.