28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The QA-Business Systems Analyst responsibility is to plan and ensure a product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance. A great technical QA skill is required and this includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Analyst is also responsible for documenting findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. The individual will apply proven communication, analytical, testing, and problem-solving skills to help create superb systems and software products.
- Works with business users to determine needs (in alignment with the Business Plan), develop project scope, and gather requirements.
- Responsible for drafting detailed specifications that reflects the user's needs; these specifications may be used internally or given to external vendors or consultants.
- Researches and documents existing system workflows and makes recommendations where improvements could be made.
- Develops an understanding of how technology solutions will impact present and future business needs.
- Develops project implementation plans and oversees the development process and acts as company liaison with external vendors and consultants.
- Holds regular meetings with department managers and business unit personnel to communicate the status of ongoing development work.
- Provides quality service by managing relationships and communications ensuring users and customers are satisfied with current applications/service and manages expectations for future work.
- Works independently with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Capable of providing leadership through influence and trusted relationships
- This position reports into the Manager, Business Systems Analysts and has no direct reports
- This role requires up to 5% travel internationally and domestically, including overnight stays
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate
- Preferred Bachelors with 5+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of Business Analyst experience
- Experience in system related projects and software related products
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
- Ability to monitor risk management activities
- Proven responsibility for document management systems
- ERP (QAD) process knowledge
- Some knowledge of PL (SQL)
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Apply knowledge/experience working with custom fields, validation rules, workflow rules, and process flows in QAD and V20
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent understanding of computer technology as it applies to business systems and software products
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment and Physical Efforts
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.