28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the Accounts Receivable functions within the Valmont Shared Services Accounting Department. The Accounts Receivable Specialist possess the technical aptitude and ability to effectively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. The ability to communicate effectively with various levels throughout the organization, as well as, with external customers is essential. The incumbent will be responsible for applying payments timely and accurately, working with personal across multiple sites to transfer funds and communicate that information, and balancing it all on a regular basis.
- This individual contributor position reports into the Credit and Collection Manager and has no reports
- No travel is required for this position
- Post customer payments to open account receivable items by recording payments via SAGE 100
- Research mismatched receipts and other discrepancies, as identified
- Balance cash receipts daily for each business units supported
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers for accounts receivable to general ledger at the end of the month
- Ability to operate a personal computer (software - MS Office), 10 key calculator, and other office equipment
- Basic data entry and keyboarding skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Above average attention to detail and accuracy in working with numbers
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Assist other locations in reconciling accounts receivable accounts, as needed
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of customer data files
- Respond timely to customers concerns and inquiries
- Correctly input all related data; i.e. account numbers, invoice numbers, invoice dates, etc.
- Communicate in a pleasant and timely fashion with personnel within the organization and with customers to resolve billing discrepancies, issues related to payments, or other issues as they arise
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree, Associate's degree or High School diploma and 2+ years of work/educational experience
- Working knowledge of general Accounts Receivable practices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Ability to pay attention to detail and follow instructions
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels throughout the organization
- Passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in Accounting or Business
- Experience in a credit and/or collections role
- Knowledge of accounting software: SAGE, IFS or QAD
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.