75 South Hwy 83 McCook Nebraska 69001-8569
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The incumbent is responsible for welding metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment. The incumbent will be a highly motivated individual and be part of the Valmont Irrigation team.
- Fuse or weld metal components together by means of arc welding
- Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning or work from blueprints or other written specifications and determining operation sequence
- Utilize all safety devices and wear all mandatory personal protective safety equipment
- Adjust welding equipment to its prescribed settings
- Maintain and operate production tooling and fixtures as well all welding equipment in a safe and secure manner
- Read and complete labor reporting system, standard shop forms, and blueprints
- Performs minor welding machine maintenance (i.e. tips, liners, gas cups)
- Uses labor reporting system, routing shop forms, and fills out move tags
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- One month of previous hands-on welding experience in a professional environment
- The ability to accurately read a measuring tape
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- The ability to pass on onsite welding assessment
- The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- American Welding Society (AWS) welding certification from a recognized school
- Six months of previous hands-on welding experience in a professional environment
- The ability to read and interpret blue prints correctly without assistance
- High awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
- Passion and integrity and the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.