1100 North Ohio St Salina Kansas 67401-2403
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 11am to 7:30pm - Saturdays and Sundays are based on business needs.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Maintenance Helper position in the Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist the Maintenance Department. Additionally, you will...
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment within the establishment such as hoists motors, pumps, belts, fans, air conditioners, conveyors, etc.
- Working knowledge of power tools and hand tools
- Disassembles machines, repairs and replaces broken parts
- Assist with repairs and maintenance of all equipment and buildings
- Adjust necessary equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
- Maintain a clean and hazard free work environment to ensure department safety
- With guidance, interprets blueprints, works from sketches or verbal instructions
- Performs minor repairs on all types of forklifts and keeps in operating condition
- Contributes to the design and fabrication of production fixtures and racks
- Be an active participant in department safety; exhibit excellent safety practices and behaviors and follows the intended purposes of Valmont safety policies and procedures
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year experience general maintenance
- Learn to read Blue prints , schematics, set up instructions, and general mathematics applications
- The ability to work in various temperature conditions
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs on occasion with some repetitive lifting
- Must be able to work safely at elevated heights
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Electrical and plumbing experience
- Welding experience
- The ability to read blue prints, schematics
- Minimum of two years' experience as a Maintenance helper or equivalent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.