19845 US Hwy 76 Newberry South Carolina 29108
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Quality Technician position in the Quality Department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will inspect purchased parts, raw materials and manufactured items insuring quality standards and customer requirements are being met. This includes accurately completing all reports and documentation necessary for distribution. Additionally, you will...
- Inspect Poles and CrossArms at auto paint booth daily - check per print, issue labels, complete wrap/fallout report and check for accuracy. Alert supervision when necessary of issues.
- Inspect Poles at manual paint booth daily - Check per print, issue labels, complete wrap/fallout report and check for accuracy. Alert supervision when necessary of issues.
- Check and test resin/epoxy/filler daily
- Check bundled poles for accuracy
- Check incoming resin tankers against quality standards when needed
- Fill in for Quality Technician (Composites, Carsonite, Cross Arms, Light Poles etc.) when needed
What it takes
- Ability to use and read tape measures, calculator, calipers and micrometers
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to complete documentation of inspections and daily reports
- Ability to learn and understand the quality lab procedures
- Work with and around chemicals/solvents and work in hot and cold environments
- Ability to interpret and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Must have to ability to stand for extended periods of time, use hand and arms to reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel and lift up to 25 lbs. without assistance
- Knowledge of lab procedures.
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to work overtime and weekends
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Excellent communication and observation skills
- Ability to learn and become forklift operator certified
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.