19845 US Hwy 76 Newberry South Carolina 29108
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for a Production Helper position in the Light Pole Department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist the operator with the running and maintaining of two or four light pole winders. Additionally, you will...
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain all creel racks with appropriate glass
- Ensure each winder has sufficient resin at all times
- Learn the winding process in order to continue running winders while operators are at break
- Assist the operator with all aspects of the winding process in order to maintain an efficiency of >90%
- Maintain housekeeping and assist with the shift-end cleanup process while ensuring all DHEC and OSHA requirements are met
- Maintain the resin mix station, to include the mixing of resin and housekeeping in the general area
- All other duties as assigned
What it takes
- Ability to adapt to changes in the winding process
- Must be able to read and comprehend prints
- Must be able to read tape measure
- While performing the duties of the job, employee is regular required to use hands, talk, hear, stand and walk
- Heavy lifting; poles (60 - 80 lbs.), resin buckets (30 - 40 lbs.), bales of glass (45 - 50 lbs.)
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.