28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Material Control Specialist A is an individual contributor position who supports the material control department by the movement, receiving, storing, and issuing of material in an accurate and efficient manner. Responsible for the operation of all material handling equipment in the department, except overhead cranes: forklift, straddle truck and shag truck. Responds to direct two-way radio requests from departments, using good judgment in prioritizing calls. Must use good judgment in inspection of loads for damage and proper handling. This position is responsible for monitoring quantity and availability of bolsters and pole racks, and use of cubic space. Provides pertinent information to oncoming crew for orderly and smooth transition. May be required to assist with functions in other department areas and may work irregular hours. Maintains good housekeeping and exercises precautions for safety operation of all equipment.
- Must be company trained and authorized to operate forklift, straddle truck and shag truck
- Makes decisions regarding moving, receiving and storing material
- Responsible for inspecting loads for damage
- Ability to prioritize workloads and resolve discrepancies
- Reviews space allocations and material flow to maximize utilization of space available
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor
Important Details about the Role
- Match incoming parts to paper documents to verify part numbers, size quantity, inspect for damage, and report discrepancies
- Store materials and record location on the receiving log and deliver documents to the material control clerk for computer entry
- Prioritize issues and deliveries to satisfy manufacturing and shipping needs
- Perform audits by comparing records with actual material counted in performing audit
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide, read, write, and count, accurately and legibly
- Ability to be trained and authorized to operate equipment such as straddle truck, forklift, and shag truck
- Stand, stoop, bend, sit and squat alternately for up to 100% of a shift
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Accurately read a measuring tape
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, with most frequent lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors with constant exposure to outdoor temperatures
- Ability to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) with a high awareness for safety at all times
- Must have an acceptable attendance and prior employment record
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One (1) year of previous experience operating a forklift in a professional environment
- Communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- Pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Prior acceptable job performance, safety record, and attendance required
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.