28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The eLearning Instructional Design Intern assists in educating Valmont employees, dealers, agents and customers by aiding in the planning, design, and maintenance of online training resources. They will learn to work with subject matter experts to assess training needs and use adult learning principles to develop appropriate educational resources. They will also learn to effectively build a variety of training materials, including eLearning courses, job aids, tutorial videos, and other multimedia. The incumbent will discover how a Learning Management System (LMS) can be used to drive employee development in a corporate setting. They will gain experience in general LMS administration, including online course publishing, end-user technical support, and basic reporting. The eLearning Instructional Design Intern will also provide support to other eLearning Instructional Designers by creating multimedia for large-scale projects, testing course functionality and completing general administrative tasks in the LMS.
Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- Create functional/technical online training courses to drive critical business outcomes and adapt training to end-learner needs
- Utilize Valmont's learning management system and provide technical support to end-users
- Support the Cornerstone Enterprise LMS growing into an expert in this area
- Gather knowledge from subject matter experts and available resources to mold the information into interactive, educational deliverables comprised of text, video, and other multimedia elements
- Support the testing and adjusting of the training materials to correct any technical problems, and produce documentation describing the design process
- Work with other instructional designers on a team, as well as subject matter experts for content, throughout Valmont's divisions for North American and global stakeholders
- This position reports into Manager of Global Learning and has no direct reports
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate
- Junior or Senior standing in college
- Previous experience or coursework in one or more of the following areas: eLearning instructional design, graphic design, multimedia production, or digital marketing
- Experience using a digital camera and/or video camera
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Ability to learn project management skills, including prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Skills to learn how to run Learning Management System reports
- Skills to research, design, review, test and deploy online training resources
- Interest in learning the most effective delivery method for training materials
- Creativity to make eLearning modules understandable, interactive and engaging
- Ability to learn graphic design methods, techniques, software and equipment
- Ability to learn video and audio production methods, techniques, software and equipment
- Ability to learn how to use eLearning course authoring tools
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Enrollment in a degree program in instructional or graphic design, digital marketing, digital communications, education, computer science or web development
- Previous experience or coursework in one or more of the following areas: multimedia production, digital marketing or design, or online training development
- Interest in adult learning theories
- Experience with audio recording and editing (Adobe Audition)
- Experience with video/film recording and editing software (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Camtasia)
- Experience in graphic design (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign)
- Experience in photography production and editing (Adobe Photoshop)
- Ability to write and speak one or more of the following languages: Arabic, Russian, or Spanish
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.