1100 North Ohio St Salina Kansas 67401-2403
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Scale Operator position in the Global Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will is detailed and accurate. Additionally, you will...
- Operates Scale to determine accurate galvanized weight of steel
- Responsible for accurately reading and recording scale weights on Production Log and Shop Order.
- Match customer parts with shop and shipping orders.
- Verify customer piece counts with galvanizing production people.
- Inspect steel for quality of galvanizing
- Operate forklift, when necessary, to move galvanized product to the scale and staging yard
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Exhibit excellent safety practices and behaviors and follows the intended purposes of Valmont safety policies and procedures.
What it takes
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures and conditions
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing and fabrication environment
- One year of previous experience operating a bridge crane in professional environment
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.