We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments. We pride ourselves on being
people of passion and integrity
who excel and deliver results.
As a growing global manufacturing company, we offer employment opportunities for qualified candidates
in every area of every division around the world. Valmont may have a place for you in one of our manufacturing
plants or business marketing offices in North or South America, Europe, Asia, Australia or Africa.
We provide competitive compensation and benefits, a performance driven work environment and advancement
opportunities. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees,
wherever their career with Valmont may take them.
Valmont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we recognize
that diversity brings benefits to the company – ways of thinking and
approaches to decision making that can make us more successful. We value the
differences among individuals and welcome diversity within our workplace. Each
Valmont manager ensures that all applicants and employees are afforded an equal
opportunity in employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. Our policy prohibits discrimination on any basis
prohibited by law, including race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected under law.
No matter where in the world you live, Valmont products are part of your life. They are making the world
a better place to live - exactly what Valmont has been doing for more than 60 years.
Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Delivering Results - that
is The Valmont Way
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Operations Manager position at our Global Engineered Support Structures facility in Tucson, Arizona. The Operations Manager is responsible for the planning, forecasting and management of transportation; inventory materials and resources and labor; for training and supervising labor; maintenance and operation of tools and equipment; for filling all customer orders and is responsible for all aspects of the company's production and project scheduling; product quality; vendor management; shipping and handling of inbound and outbound shipments; and certain product design elements, including but not limited to review and approval of branch and frond layouts, product improvements and some product development. This leadership position, with the support of staff, shall be responsible to fill all orders on-time, on-or-under-budget, and to Larson quality standards and is the company's primary and accountable interface to the customer for all technical issues and is the company's primary and accountable interface to our customers' installing contractors. This position is responsible for ensuring 100% accuracy of all order fulfillments and shipments. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will manage operation planning & scheduling, productivity, process improvement, quality concerns, safety, environmental compliance and LEAN implementation.
* This position reports into (General Manager) and has (3) direct reports and (7) indirect reports
* This role requires up to (5%) travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
* Review the Scope of Work and other documents with the responsible Project Manager to confirm any and all project details
* Oversee the timely and accurate processing of fabrication drawings and approval of tower fabrication drawings, quality control documentation, picking tickets, packing lists, bills of lading and job exception reports
* Ensure that the product is designed and produced properly to function as intended; and is responsible for processing any design change requests, notices, and redlines necessary to correct or clarify such issues or problems
* Manage production areas to allow the division to meet customer demands, ensure employee safety and retention, and provide a high level of customer service
* Direct the departmental activities in order to meet or exceed plan objectives of the division
* Monitor and coordinate all activities between production control and manufacturing in order to meet plan
* Establish and maintain procedures that ensure high standards of productivity, product quality, cost effectiveness, environmental compliance and safety
* Utilize human and capital resources to meet site goals while consistently serving the needs of the customer
* Supervise responsible areas to hit promised ship dates, tracks and reports performance of departments daily, weekly, and monthly in relation to plans or goals
Other Important Details about the Role:
The Production Manager becomes fully responsible for the successful completion of the job upon receipt of the customer's purchase order and NTP, and receipt of the Scope of Work from the responsible Project Manager. Some key areas in product design include, but are not limited to: port locations, antenna mount configuration, branch distribution, and antenna fit limitations. The Production Manager is responsible for the efficient management of all the key resources needed to produce and ship product including but not limited to: Labor; Inventory Materials; Shop Supplies; Tools and Equipment; Shipping and Transportation; and the Facility.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Preferred Bachelor's with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
* Previous experience in a management or supervisory role
* Five years' demonstrated experience of within a manufacturing setting
* Strong scheduling and multi-tasking
* Prior experience in project-based fabrication, construction or manufacturing
* Practical hands on experience in Lean Manufacturing
* Excellent scheduling and project prioritization skills
* A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
* Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
* The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
* The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues and effect quick changes based upon evolving customer needs
* The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
* The ability to effectively interpret and present information both one-on-one and in front of an audience
* The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* Telecommunications, construction management or telecommunications infrastructure background
* Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, or related training
* Prior experience in wireless communications infrastructure design or construction
* Prior supervision experience in a welding or fabrication industry
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
In addition to an office setting, the manager also spends a majority of his or her time on the production floor as well as outside during all seasons of the year and in the manufacturing areas. The manager is expected to wear all necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), as required. This position is exposed to all hazards located at manufacturing sites including noise, fumes, excessive heat and cold, dust, welding arc, all chemicals associated with the manufacturing areas, fire, smoke, unstable debris, confined spaces, and working in high areas. Up to 5 percent travel to domestic locations may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the manager is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The supervisor is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Applications accepted through April 25, 2020
Valmont is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to
apply for a position at Valmont, call us at 402-963-1166 or send us an email at
PLEASE NOTE: This contact channel is reserved for use by individuals with
disabilities who require special accommodations in order to apply for a posted
position with Valmont. Information received via this contact channel will
be routed to resources that will provide appropriate assistance to these
individuals to ensure that their data is collected and entered into the system.
Making the World a Better Place to Live
Valmont is recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered products and services
for infrastructure and water-conserving agricultural irrigation equipment. We design, manufacture and
sell irrigation equipment; lighting, utility and communications poles, towers and structures; and
fabricated industrial products. We also provide custom coatings services.
Coatings. Valmont is a leading provider of metal coating
services. Our finishes, which include galvanizing, painting and anodizing, protect metal products
around the world from corrosion.
Irrigation. As the pioneering leader and the world's largest
manufacturer of mechanized irrigation equipment, Valmont hopes to feed the world and conserve fresh
Structures. Valmont's quality engineered structures for lighting and traffic, wireless
communication, highway safety and access systems provide safety and order for customers around the
Tubing and Other Industrial Operations. Valmont specializes
in additional industrial operations that include: custom steel tubing for a variety of industries;
forged steel grinding media for the mining industry; electrolytic manganese dioxide for disposable
batteries; and the distribution of industrial fasteners.
Utility. Utility relies on Valmont's substation structures
and steel, spun concrete and hybrid transmission and distribution poles to bring power to customers
in North America and emerging global markets.