We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments. We pride ourselves on being
people of passion and integrity
who excel and deliver results.
As a growing global manufacturing company, we offer employment opportunities for qualified candidates
in every area of every division around the world. Valmont may have a place for you in one of our manufacturing
plants or business marketing offices in North or South America, Europe, Asia, Australia or Africa.
We provide competitive compensation and benefits, a performance driven work environment and advancement
opportunities. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees,
wherever their career with Valmont may take them.
Valmont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we recognize
that diversity brings benefits to the company – ways of thinking and
approaches to decision making that can make us more successful. We value the
differences among individuals and welcome diversity within our workplace. Each
Valmont manager ensures that all applicants and employees are afforded an equal
opportunity in employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. Our policy prohibits discrimination on any basis
prohibited by law, including race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected under law.
No matter where in the world you live, Valmont products are part of your life. They are making the world
a better place to live - exactly what Valmont has been doing for more than 60 years.
Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Delivering Results - that
is The Valmont Way
Manufacturing Services Director
Located In:Valley, NE
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Manufacturing Services Director is responsible for the overall strategy around technical project management, process improvement, process/product capability implementation, economic cost study analysis, plant layout, machine and tooling design, equipment purchasing/support, and contractor management across the North America Operations footprint. This includes projects or project teams and maintaining/communicating the project schedule, budget, performance, and objectives. The position will responsible for the development, implementation, and management of projects to improve manufacturing operations and processes. The position creates strategies for the senior leadership team that will reduce manufacturing costs and/or improve the products manufactured. The position requires the ability to communicate directly with all levels of the Valmont organization and, when necessary, with customers and suppliers. Responsibilities also include having a broad knowledge of Valmont standards, departmental and company goals, policies and procedures. The Manufacturing Services Director reports to the Vice President, North America Pole Operations and is located in Valley, Nebraska.
* Lead manufacturing and process improvement projects in the resolution of product problems (i.e. safety hazards, machine breakdowns, capacity constraints, quality, material handling, and processes)
* Lead direct and indirect cross functional, multi-site teams
* Develop and manage the implementation of new products and processes at the division level
* Lead the development of short and long term capital budget plans
* Analyze operating costs, labor, material, and variable costs to aid in the identifying cost reduction opportunities across footprint
* Identify, quantify, and manage capital projects pertaining to process improvement, cost reduction, quality initiatives and safety standards
* Specify new tooling, equipment and methods or modifications to old, to improve cost, safety, quality, equipment and cycle times
* Develop strategic initiatives regarding the use of new technology and automation across the footprint
* Present funding requests in written forms to upper management. These requests may be presented to Senior Leaders within NA Poles, Divisional President and staff, CFO, CEO or Board of Directors.
* Participate in special projects relating to product development or extension. Prepare cost estimates as required. Work closely with manufacturing, tool and die, and vendors in those projects requiring their involvement.
* Participate in acquisition due diligence and integration teams
* Know the Valmont Safety Mission Statement & support the department Safety by Objective plan in departments worked. Accomplished by assisting implementation of identified safety projects requiring engineering support.
* Maintain appropriate professional competencies, certifications, licenses, etc., necessary to perform job
* Lead industrial engineering function across division
* This role requires up to 40% travel, including overnight stays (primarily domestic travel, with some international travel less frequently)
* Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Management, Business or related discipline with 7+ years' experience in a Manufacturing Support position OR Associate's Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Management, Business or related discipline with 9+ years' experience in a Manufacturing Support position OR 11+ years' experience in a similar Manufacturing Support position
* Experience working as a project manager and/or project team leader
* Advanced skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
* Strong working knowledge of Cost Accounting, financial reserves and how they are calculated, and financial impacts on the P&L
* Proven history of problem solving in an environment involving welding, thermal cutting, forming, machining, and other manufacturing processes
* The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Aptitude of making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
* AutoCAD and 3D Modeling software experience
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* PMP Certification
* Knowledge of Lean tools and principles
* CNC Programming experience is desirable
* Knowledge of AISC, ISO, or AWS D1.1 requirements
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Normal office environment makes up approximately 65% of the job while around 35% of the work is located out in the storage, shipping and production areas of the manufacturing site. When working in the production areas the employee will be subjected to welding smoke, noise, seasonal temperature changes, dirt, oil, coolant, and many other conditions found in a production environment. Working extended hours may be required to meet the demands of the business (e.g., support for production, troubleshooting, meeting project deadlines). Approximately 60% travel is required and will be primarily domestic but can include international trips on occasion.
Approximately 65% of the tasks are sedentary. There may be times when employee is required to stand all day. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to type and design. There may be some mechanical and/or electrical work involved when working with machines and tooling. For the most part, the physical effort level is considered light. Reaching hands and arms above shoulder height while working in the office or plant may be required. The employee is frequently required to move about the office or plant. There are areas of the plant that cannot be accessed by elevator and the employee may need to occasionally visit those locations. There may be off-site visits and the employee is expected to get him/herself to the venue. The employee may have to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, but this is a rare requirement of this position. A dolly, forklifts and hoists are available for transportation of heavier items. Specific vision abilities important for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color identification and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Applications accepted through August 4, 2019
Valmont is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to
apply for a position at Valmont, call us at 402-963-1166 or send us an email at
PLEASE NOTE: This contact channel is reserved for use by individuals with
disabilities who require special accommodations in order to apply for a posted
position with Valmont. Information received via this contact channel will
be routed to resources that will provide appropriate assistance to these
individuals to ensure that their data is collected and entered into the system.
Making the World a Better Place to Live
Valmont is recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered products and services
for infrastructure and water-conserving agricultural irrigation equipment. We design, manufacture and
sell irrigation equipment; lighting, utility and communications poles, towers and structures; and
fabricated industrial products. We also provide custom coatings services.
Coatings. Valmont is a leading provider of metal coating
services. Our finishes, which include galvanizing, painting and anodizing, protect metal products
around the world from corrosion.
Irrigation. As the pioneering leader and the world's largest
manufacturer of mechanized irrigation equipment, Valmont hopes to feed the world and conserve fresh
Structures. Valmont's quality engineered structures for lighting and traffic, wireless
communication, highway safety and access systems provide safety and order for customers around the
Tubing and Other Industrial Operations. Valmont specializes
in additional industrial operations that include: custom steel tubing for a variety of industries;
forged steel grinding media for the mining industry; electrolytic manganese dioxide for disposable
batteries; and the distribution of industrial fasteners.
Utility. Utility relies on Valmont's substation structures
and steel, spun concrete and hybrid transmission and distribution poles to bring power to customers
in North America and emerging global markets.