We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments. We pride ourselves on being
people of passion and integrity
who excel and deliver results.
As a growing global manufacturing company, we offer employment opportunities for qualified candidates
in every area of every division around the world. Valmont may have a place for you in one of our manufacturing
plants or business marketing offices in North or South America, Europe, Asia, Australia or Africa.
We provide competitive compensation and benefits, a performance driven work environment and advancement
opportunities. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees,
wherever their career with Valmont may take them.
Valmont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we recognize
that diversity brings benefits to the company – ways of thinking and
approaches to decision making that can make us more successful. We value the
differences among individuals and welcome diversity within our workplace. Each
Valmont manager ensures that all applicants and employees are afforded an equal
opportunity in employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. Our policy prohibits discrimination on any basis
prohibited by law, including race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected under law.
No matter where in the world you live, Valmont products are part of your life. They are making the world
a better place to live - exactly what Valmont has been doing for more than 60 years.
Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Delivering Results - that
is The Valmont Way
Business Planning Analyst
Located In:Valley, NE
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Business Planning Analyst position in the North America Operations organization. In this individual contributor position you will apply Master Scheduling, production planning and analytics to achieve the most efficient and economical value to the Sales & Operations Planning functionality for Valmont North America.
Multi-site production planning & optimization:
* Effectively manage projects relating to the optimization of production capacity and footprint across multiple sites in North America in an engineer-to-order environment.
* Define and develop S&OP performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of Supply Chain factors, and provide ongoing analysis in areas such as production planning, inventory levels, material planning optimization, Inventory and logistics planning.
* Develop, maintain and review metrics aligned to ensure Sales & Operations Plan execution is on target.
* Identify, negotiate and resolve conflicts with respect to material and capacity availability as well as order-promising and integrity.
* Communicate long-term planning demands to stakeholders across the NA Operations network.
* Demonstrate full knowledge of the product lines and ERP systems, and serve as a technical leader for assigned systems and/or service development, ability to educate and train end-users to a technology-driven Supply Chain.
* Evaluate order expedite requests and coordinate with site level production control teams to fulfill customer requests.
* Assist with development of projects plans to meet deadlines for major initiatives, drive various groups and cross-functional projects to promote smooth implementation of initiatives.
Analytics of Sales & Operations Planning processes:
* Translate business requirements into the design and development of data models and reports, identify trends, and ensure accuracy and readiness of data.
* Use analytics to optimize the demand and supply balance, determining out-of-balance conditions, identifying alternatives, and recommending actions for mitigation.
* Conduct regular cadence of data gathering, aggregation and analysis required to formulate Sales & Operations Plan.
* Collaborate with appropriate teams to forecast demand, establish forecasting procedures, models and quotas to identify changes and trends, and to create supply plans to optimize service levels and maintain Supply Chain System efficiency.
* Validate data in various databases to ensure accuracy and consistency, identify root causes of data inconsistency, and implement corrective action plans to meet business requirements.
Other Important Details about the Role:
* Support business functions, working with functional leaders and providing periodical and ad-hoc analyses and reports as required.
* Execute project management disciplines to ensure projects and tasks completed on time and within budget, and business requirements delivered.
* Demonstrate strong production planning and scheduling skills.
* Assist site production control teams on implementation of Valmont and Industry best practices.
* Abides by all policies and procedures of Valmont Industries, Inc.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
* Experience with production planning and Master Scheduling techniques
* Strong understanding of Supply Chain principles, practices, and procedures in manufacturing environment
* Advanced Microsoft Suite software skills, especially Excel modeling, Excel data analysis
* Knowledge of business intelligence and/or analytical/statistical software: Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
* Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning ERP software
* Strong understanding of project management principles.
* Ability to work independently
* Passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Supply Chain management, or Operations
* American Production and Inventory Control Society APICS certificate desired: CPIM and/or CSCP certificate
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Applications accepted through April 21, 2019
Valmont is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to
apply for a position at Valmont, call us at 402-963-1166 or send us an email at
PLEASE NOTE: This contact channel is reserved for use by individuals with
disabilities who require special accommodations in order to apply for a posted
position with Valmont. Information received via this contact channel will
be routed to resources that will provide appropriate assistance to these
individuals to ensure that their data is collected and entered into the system.
Making the World a Better Place to Live
Valmont is recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered products and services
for infrastructure and water-conserving agricultural irrigation equipment. We design, manufacture and
sell irrigation equipment; lighting, utility and communications poles, towers and structures; and
fabricated industrial products. We also provide custom coatings services.
Coatings. Valmont is a leading provider of metal coating
services. Our finishes, which include galvanizing, painting and anodizing, protect metal products
around the world from corrosion.
Irrigation. As the pioneering leader and the world's largest
manufacturer of mechanized irrigation equipment, Valmont hopes to feed the world and conserve fresh
Structures. Valmont's quality engineered structures for lighting and traffic, wireless
communication, highway safety and access systems provide safety and order for customers around the
Tubing and Other Industrial Operations. Valmont specializes
in additional industrial operations that include: custom steel tubing for a variety of industries;
forged steel grinding media for the mining industry; electrolytic manganese dioxide for disposable
batteries; and the distribution of industrial fasteners.
Utility. Utility relies on Valmont's substation structures
and steel, spun concrete and hybrid transmission and distribution poles to bring power to customers
in North America and emerging global markets.