We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments. We pride ourselves on being
people of passion and integrity
who excel and deliver results.
As a growing global manufacturing company, we offer employment opportunities for qualified candidates
in every area of every division around the world. Valmont may have a place for you in one of our manufacturing
plants or business marketing offices in North or South America, Europe, Asia, Australia or Africa.
We provide competitive compensation and benefits, a performance driven work environment and advancement
opportunities. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees,
wherever their career with Valmont may take them.
Valmont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we recognize
that diversity brings benefits to the company – ways of thinking and
approaches to decision making that can make us more successful. We value the
differences among individuals and welcome diversity within our workplace. Each
Valmont manager ensures that all applicants and employees are afforded an equal
opportunity in employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. Our policy prohibits discrimination on any basis
prohibited by law, including race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected under law.
No matter where in the world you live, Valmont products are part of your life. They are making the world
a better place to live - exactly what Valmont has been doing for more than 60 years.
Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Delivering Results - that
is The Valmont Way
Regional Sales Manager
Located In:Valley, NE
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is an individual contributor responsible for leading and managing the regional sales rep organizations to support the group's business goals. Accountable for the achievement of in territory revenue goals by sales rep organization, product, and customer. Leads the development and promotion of knowledge, acceptance, and use of company products by users and purchasers. Responsible for building and maintaining key internal and external relationships. Establishes account strategy for internal team and rep organization and keeps all levels informed on key issues and opportunities.
* Ability to travel, primarily domestically, up to 50%
* Consistently meet or exceed assigned revenue goals
* Provide consistent and accurate market intelligence and customer forecasts and reports of activities in territory
* Develop a contracted sales rep organization's in the Regional Manager's assigned area, capable of marketing products and maintaining the degree of customer satisfaction
* Develop and maintain skills in: Motivating and Training People; Time Management; Professional Selling; Negotiation; Data Management; Sales Opportunity Strategy Development; Account Planning; and Networking & Relationship Building
* Provide Voice of the Customer feedback to the organization and drive continuous improvement efforts focused on the customers
* Support the launch activities of new product and services
* Develop and maintain strong customer relationships within assigned region
* Attend sales meetings, conferences and trade shows
Other Important Details about the Role:
* Responsible for customer communications and targeted new client development
* Serve as main point of contact for key customers
* Responsible for client development
* Focused on forecasting, price management, quote process management, and competitive analysis
* Leads proposal process - Customer Segmentation, Stakeholder Analysis, SWOT Analysis, and develops account strategy based on account position
* Lead contract negotiations and assist with conflict resolution
* Manage all aspects of Rep relationship including strategy deployment and defining the Rep's role at key accounts. Accountable for managing Rep performance
* Identify and drive target engagement of all product families
* Evaluates training needs and co-ordinates with internal resources to develop strategies to meet such need
* Completes pre-bid profile on all opportunities
* Drives pre-bid and post-bid follow up from Reps and coordinates with Product Managers
* Evaluates Rep commission structure quarterly
* Completes quarterly territory plans and account plans
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years of experience in a sales management position with increasing levels of account and regional/territory management responsibilities; or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or 10+ years of relevant experience
* Experience with managing rep firms
* Experience developing and executing account strategies
* Experience with value added selling
* Demonstrated leadership, commercial competencies, cross functional team building and communication skills
* Ability to travel up to 50% domestically
* Valid US driver's license
* Demonstrated ability to handle delicate customer negotiations
* Ability to use sound judgment in decisions in order to gain customer satisfaction, at the same time protecting the company interest
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present information to management and customers
* The ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
* Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* Ten years of sales management experience
* Strong understanding of channels of distribution
* Relationships with primary customers in Transportation, Municipal, Utility Lighting, Commercial/Industrial segments
* Relationships with engineers, specifiers, landscape architects and influencers focused on the Commercial/Industrial segment
* Understanding of the telecom marketplace considering the overlap we're observing in the lighting and traffic spaces
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Most of the overnight domestic travel, which represents approximately 50% of the year, is within the assigned territory. Work is typically performed in an office or vehicle setting when traveling to meet with customer. The incumbent is regularly required to sit and/or drive for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and participate in meetings. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Applications accepted through April 17, 2019
Valmont is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to
apply for a position at Valmont, call us at 402-963-1166 or send us an email at
PLEASE NOTE: This contact channel is reserved for use by individuals with
disabilities who require special accommodations in order to apply for a posted
position with Valmont. Information received via this contact channel will
be routed to resources that will provide appropriate assistance to these
individuals to ensure that their data is collected and entered into the system.
Making the World a Better Place to Live
Valmont is recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered products and services
for infrastructure and water-conserving agricultural irrigation equipment. We design, manufacture and
sell irrigation equipment; lighting, utility and communications poles, towers and structures; and
fabricated industrial products. We also provide custom coatings services.
Coatings. Valmont is a leading provider of metal coating
services. Our finishes, which include galvanizing, painting and anodizing, protect metal products
around the world from corrosion.
Irrigation. As the pioneering leader and the world's largest
manufacturer of mechanized irrigation equipment, Valmont hopes to feed the world and conserve fresh
Structures. Valmont's quality engineered structures for lighting and traffic, wireless
communication, highway safety and access systems provide safety and order for customers around the
Tubing and Other Industrial Operations. Valmont specializes
in additional industrial operations that include: custom steel tubing for a variety of industries;
forged steel grinding media for the mining industry; electrolytic manganese dioxide for disposable
batteries; and the distribution of industrial fasteners.
Utility. Utility relies on Valmont's substation structures
and steel, spun concrete and hybrid transmission and distribution poles to bring power to customers
in North America and emerging global markets.