We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments. We pride ourselves on being
people of passion and integrity
who excel and deliver results.
As a growing global manufacturing company, we offer employment opportunities for qualified candidates
in every area of every division around the world. Valmont may have a place for you in one of our manufacturing
plants or business marketing offices in North or South America, Europe, Asia, Australia or Africa.
We provide competitive compensation and benefits, a performance driven work environment and advancement
opportunities. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees,
wherever their career with Valmont may take them.
Valmont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we recognize
that diversity brings benefits to the company – ways of thinking and
approaches to decision making that can make us more successful. We value the
differences among individuals and welcome diversity within our workplace. Each
Valmont manager ensures that all applicants and employees are afforded an equal
opportunity in employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. Our policy prohibits discrimination on any basis
prohibited by law, including race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected under law.
No matter where in the world you live, Valmont products are part of your life. They are making the world
a better place to live - exactly what Valmont has been doing for more than 60 years.
Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Delivering Results - that
is The Valmont Way
Project Manager - Construction & Architectural Design
Located In:Valley, NE
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This individual contributor position is part of the Global ESS Engineering and Sales team that supports our Locker Group line of products that service the architectural and construction industries with a range of expanded and perforated metal, wire mesh and curtains utilized in facades, balustrades, screening and interior applications. The Project Manager (PM) owns planning, executing and finalizing large projects and managing them according to the governing contract terms and conditions and is responsible for leading the project team and maintaining / communicating the project schedule, budget and margin objectives. The PM will identify key project milestones and develop a project timeline that support the defined project deliverables. The PM owns identifying project risk and assessing that risk to develop appropriate and effective mitigation strategies. The PM will coordinate efforts of the team members and any third party contractors or consultants in order to meet the project deliverables according to the project plan. The PM provides weekly project status updates to management. The projects will range from large order specific project opportunities to strategic development projects to enhance Valmont offerings.
* Proactively coordinate sales process involving forecasting and estimating
* Coordinate and participate in trade show sales activity
* Ability to travel internationally up to 20%
* Ability to define measurable project goals
* Ability to develop schedules that integrate dependent and independent activities, including start-end time dependencies and time/cost estimates for activities
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the Valmont organization, including customers and third party contractors or consultants
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Models cooperative and team building communication skills
* Ability to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds, although most frequent lift is under 10 pounds
Other Important Details about the Role:
* Experience with project management in a manufacturing and/or technical environment
* Demonstrated experience reviewing and summarizing technical specifications to determine requirements for a cross-functional team from Sales to Engineering
* Ability to effectively capture and analyze customer needs and opportunities using different methods to gather (Voice of the Customer (VOC), interviews, surveys, market trend analysis)
* Experienced project success within a customer facing environment that include contractors, architects and end-users
* Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
* Develop full scale project plans and associated communications documents
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support the customer requirements and business goals
* Conduct risk identification, assessment, and mitigation strategies
* Forecast material and resource requirements and manage project team members to meet these requirements
* Communicates with customer, when appropriate, on impacts to schedule and documents changes internally and externally
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
* Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
* Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
* Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
* Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables
* Coordinate the development and delivery of progress reports, requirements documentation and any presentations
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
* Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
* Conduct project post mortems and create recommendations report for future project successes
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
* Proficient in defining and using Critical Path Methodology (CPM)
* Proficient in defining project activity constraints and assumptions
* The ability to identify potential project schedule risks and cost adherence
* Demonstrate strong negotiating and communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
* Demonstrate ability to use independent judgment and discretion
* Maintain project event logs and effectively develop both written and oral project status information
* All MS Office Suite programs and General computer knowledge
* Must have valid U.S. Passport for international travel
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* Experience in the construction management and/or architectural product sales and design industry
* Established network that includes contacts in construction manufacturing and architectural product design markets
* Civil Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management degree
* AIA or Registered Architect designation
* PMP Certification
* Building Information Modeling (BIM)
* Parametric Modeling Software
* Understanding contract terms and associated risks
* Understanding standard cost accounting methods
* Undertaking project profitability analysis
* Ability to manage a project team in a matrix organization
* MS Project or other scheduling program experience
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. International travel up to 20% is required for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Applications accepted through February 19, 2019
Valmont is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to
apply for a position at Valmont, call us at 402-963-1166 or send us an email at
PLEASE NOTE: This contact channel is reserved for use by individuals with
disabilities who require special accommodations in order to apply for a posted
position with Valmont. Information received via this contact channel will
be routed to resources that will provide appropriate assistance to these
individuals to ensure that their data is collected and entered into the system.
Making the World a Better Place to Live
Valmont is recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered products and services
for infrastructure and water-conserving agricultural irrigation equipment. We design, manufacture and
sell irrigation equipment; lighting, utility and communications poles, towers and structures; and
fabricated industrial products. We also provide custom coatings services.
Coatings. Valmont is a leading provider of metal coating
services. Our finishes, which include galvanizing, painting and anodizing, protect metal products
around the world from corrosion.
Irrigation. As the pioneering leader and the world's largest
manufacturer of mechanized irrigation equipment, Valmont hopes to feed the world and conserve fresh
Structures. Valmont's quality engineered structures for lighting and traffic, wireless
communication, highway safety and access systems provide safety and order for customers around the
Tubing and Other Industrial Operations. Valmont specializes
in additional industrial operations that include: custom steel tubing for a variety of industries;
forged steel grinding media for the mining industry; electrolytic manganese dioxide for disposable
batteries; and the distribution of industrial fasteners.
Utility. Utility relies on Valmont's substation structures
and steel, spun concrete and hybrid transmission and distribution poles to bring power to customers
in North America and emerging global markets.