We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments. We pride ourselves on being
people of passion and integrity
who excel and deliver results.
As a growing global manufacturing company, we offer employment opportunities for qualified candidates
in every area of every division around the world. Valmont may have a place for you in one of our manufacturing
plants or business marketing offices in North or South America, Europe, Asia, Australia or Africa.
We provide competitive compensation and benefits, a performance driven work environment and advancement
opportunities. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees,
wherever their career with Valmont may take them.
Valmont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we recognize
that diversity brings benefits to the company – ways of thinking and
approaches to decision making that can make us more successful. We value the
differences among individuals and welcome diversity within our workplace. Each
Valmont manager ensures that all applicants and employees are afforded an equal
opportunity in employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. Our policy prohibits discrimination on any basis
prohibited by law, including race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected under law.
No matter where in the world you live, Valmont products are part of your life. They are making the world
a better place to live - exactly what Valmont has been doing for more than 60 years.
Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Delivering Results - that
is The Valmont Way
Located In:Valley, NE
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Individual Contributor position is responsible for the design and drafting of products involving the origination and development of concepts and presenting new product designs to position Valmont as the pole manufacturer in innovation for the Lighting, Traffic & Communication Structures business in our Global Engineered Support Structures Division. He or she will communicate and interact with a variety of individuals and departments on a global basis including sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and purchasing. The Product Designer is accountable for presenting design ideas based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods of engineering, application, budget, price, methods of production, market characteristics, and client specifications. The incumbent will support the Valmont Sales staff (Regional Sales Managers, Agents) in presenting new product offerings and building strong relationships with landscape designers, lighting designers, Architect and Engineering firms, developers, municipalities, fixture OEM's, and other clients to establish design concepts and promote Valmont's new product offerings. The incumbent keeps the supervisor informed as to present and planned sales activities for the market and to any changes, trends, ideas, and activities that will facilitate the timely formulation of policies and programs leading to the expansion of new product sales.
* This position reports to the Custom Project Supervisor and has no direct or indirect reports
* This role requires up to 10% travel (domestic and international), including overnight stays
* Carries out design/drafting assignments of a routine to moderately complex nature creating the look and function of new products according to customer needs utilizing a variety of 2D and 3D modeling tools to create marketing illustrations, street view renderings and other drawings
* Present designs to customers or design committees for approval, and discuss need for modification
* Confer with product development, engineering, marketing, production, sales departments, or with customers, to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products
* Research production specifications, costs, production materials and manufacturing methods, and provide cost estimates
* Coordinate the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches
* Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform to customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends
* Participate in manufacturing procedures involving new designs that will improve operations and product quality
* Investigate product characteristics such as the product's safety and handling qualities, its market appeal, how efficiently it can be produced, and ways of distributing, using and maintaining it
* Participate in new product planning or market research, including studying the potential need for new products
* Create and support new product marketing efforts with high quality, eye-catching sales presentation and collateral materials
* Attend and participate in tradeshows, when required
* Assist drafting, administrative improvement and productive development departments with any overflow custom 3D images or modeling requests
Other Important Details about the Role:
This position works closely with the Custom Project Team, Product Development Drafters and Engineers supporting 3D modeling for part costing, tool drawings and first article inspections as well as Project Administration Teams Technical Information Analyst for part reference documents and engineering change notices. In addition, this position aids in the part fit checks and deco part searches for Customer Service. Also assists other LTS site locations with design work, tool development, production drawings, manufacturing process input, first article inspections, and modeling assistance for urethane castings.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Preferred Bachelors with 3+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 5+ years relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
* Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Drawing ability to visually communicate concepts to customers and internal resources
* Strong mechanical and spatial aptitude with the ability to understand the physical requirements of a product concept
* Demonstrates the ability to adapt designs aesthetically and proportionally
* Proficiency with MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
* Strong working knowledge of 3D Computer-Aided Design Software
* Strong working knowledge with AutoCAD
* Experience with rendering software
* Travel up to 10% of the time. May include international travel.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Lighting Design or Landscape Architecture
* Proficiency with Inventor and Solid Works
* Proficiency with Alias Studio, Showcase, Illustrator, Photoshop
* Proficiency with AutoCAD
* Work experience in Product design
* Conversant in illumination concepts and theory for interacting with architects, developers, and lighting consultants
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Travel requirements up to 10% for this position and will be both domestic and international travel. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office and on occasion meet in the production areas adhering to PPE and safety requirements. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move parts up to the safety limit weight of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Applications accepted through February 16, 2019
Valmont is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to
apply for a position at Valmont, call us at 402-963-1166 or send us an email at
PLEASE NOTE: This contact channel is reserved for use by individuals with
disabilities who require special accommodations in order to apply for a posted
position with Valmont. Information received via this contact channel will
be routed to resources that will provide appropriate assistance to these
individuals to ensure that their data is collected and entered into the system.
Making the World a Better Place to Live
Valmont is recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered products and services
for infrastructure and water-conserving agricultural irrigation equipment. We design, manufacture and
sell irrigation equipment; lighting, utility and communications poles, towers and structures; and
fabricated industrial products. We also provide custom coatings services.
Coatings. Valmont is a leading provider of metal coating
services. Our finishes, which include galvanizing, painting and anodizing, protect metal products
around the world from corrosion.
Irrigation. As the pioneering leader and the world's largest
manufacturer of mechanized irrigation equipment, Valmont hopes to feed the world and conserve fresh
Structures. Valmont's quality engineered structures for lighting and traffic, wireless
communication, highway safety and access systems provide safety and order for customers around the
Tubing and Other Industrial Operations. Valmont specializes
in additional industrial operations that include: custom steel tubing for a variety of industries;
forged steel grinding media for the mining industry; electrolytic manganese dioxide for disposable
batteries; and the distribution of industrial fasteners.
Utility. Utility relies on Valmont's substation structures
and steel, spun concrete and hybrid transmission and distribution poles to bring power to customers
in North America and emerging global markets.