We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments. We pride ourselves on being
people of passion and integrity
who excel and deliver results.
As a growing global manufacturing company, we offer employment opportunities for qualified candidates
in every area of every division around the world. Valmont may have a place for you in one of our manufacturing
plants or business marketing offices in North or South America, Europe, Asia, Australia or Africa.
We provide competitive compensation and benefits, a performance driven work environment and advancement
opportunities. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees,
wherever their career with Valmont may take them.
Valmont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we recognize
that diversity brings benefits to the company – ways of thinking and
approaches to decision making that can make us more successful. We value the
differences among individuals and welcome diversity within our workplace. Each
Valmont manager ensures that all applicants and employees are afforded an equal
opportunity in employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. Our policy prohibits discrimination on any basis
prohibited by law, including race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected under law.
No matter where in the world you live, Valmont products are part of your life. They are making the world
a better place to live - exactly what Valmont has been doing for more than 60 years.
Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Delivering Results - that
is The Valmont Way
Senior IT Auditor
Located In:Omaha, NE
One Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154-5215
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Under the direction of the Audit Director IT, this position performs detailed audit reviews of computer information systems to support Valmont's annual internal audit plan and other projects. Responsible for planning, designing, conducting, and reporting the results of IT audit projects for adequacy, accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness. Independently performs IT audit procedures to test and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of general and key controls around IT systems and applications for regulatory compliance.
* Supervising and providing feedback on the work of others as assigned on multiple projects and teams
* Managing multiple complex projects independently and meeting deadlines under pressure
* Acting as a liaison for internal IT management and external IT auditors
* Independently analyzing, investigating, documenting, and reporting on the effectiveness of IT general controls and related processes by preparing and reviewing working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions
* Evaluating the adequacy of management's response and the corrective actions taken for significant IT audit observations
* Independently extracting, compiling, formatting, and sampling test data from a range of accounting and ERP application systems
* Creating and maintaining various technology-based solutions designed to enable analysis of massive amounts of information
* Actively communicating status and results with IT management and staff
* Training other IT audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems
* Applying GAAP, GAAS, Company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, laws, best practices, and principles of ethical behavior to all work performed
* This position reports into IT Audit Director and has no direct reports
* This role requires up to (15%) global travel, including overnight stays
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Preferred Bachelor's with 5+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
* Minimum three years of IT audit experience or five years working in the following Information Technology areas: Information Security, Systems Administration, IT Operations, Access Management, Data Backup Restoration, Project Management, Asset Management, Database Management (Oracle and SQL), Change Management, Data Center Security, Data Mining, PCI Compliance, Network Engineering, Application Development, ERP Application Systems, Active Directory Management, Business Continuity, and Segregation of Duties Assessment using multiple application security frameworks
* Ability to extract and compile data through scripting, MS Excel and Access techniques
* Business systems knowledge and experience with evaluation and assessment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to IT management
* Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements and control activities of IT staff and senior leadership
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
* Bachelor's degree in Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Science, Accounting, or Finance
* Five years of experience working in Information Technology such as IT infrastructure, application development, database administration, and security administration
* Strong audit planning, supervisory and organizational skills
* Expert investigative and analytical skills
* Expert knowledge of IT auditing processes and procedures
* Expert knowledge and use of Excel, Visio, Access, and related macros and databases
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Approximately 15% travel is required for this position (both domestic and international). The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Applications accepted through February 12, 2019
Valmont is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to
apply for a position at Valmont, call us at 402-963-1166 or send us an email at
PLEASE NOTE: This contact channel is reserved for use by individuals with
disabilities who require special accommodations in order to apply for a posted
position with Valmont. Information received via this contact channel will
be routed to resources that will provide appropriate assistance to these
individuals to ensure that their data is collected and entered into the system.
Making the World a Better Place to Live
Valmont is recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered products and services
for infrastructure and water-conserving agricultural irrigation equipment. We design, manufacture and
sell irrigation equipment; lighting, utility and communications poles, towers and structures; and
fabricated industrial products. We also provide custom coatings services.
Coatings. Valmont is a leading provider of metal coating
services. Our finishes, which include galvanizing, painting and anodizing, protect metal products
around the world from corrosion.
Irrigation. As the pioneering leader and the world's largest
manufacturer of mechanized irrigation equipment, Valmont hopes to feed the world and conserve fresh
Structures. Valmont's quality engineered structures for lighting and traffic, wireless
communication, highway safety and access systems provide safety and order for customers around the
Tubing and Other Industrial Operations. Valmont specializes
in additional industrial operations that include: custom steel tubing for a variety of industries;
forged steel grinding media for the mining industry; electrolytic manganese dioxide for disposable
batteries; and the distribution of industrial fasteners.
Utility. Utility relies on Valmont's substation structures
and steel, spun concrete and hybrid transmission and distribution poles to bring power to customers
in North America and emerging global markets.