We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments. We pride ourselves on being
people of passion and integrity
who excel and deliver results.
As a growing global manufacturing company, we offer employment opportunities for qualified candidates
in every area of every division around the world. Valmont may have a place for you in one of our manufacturing
plants or business marketing offices in North or South America, Europe, Asia, Australia or Africa.
We provide competitive compensation and benefits, a performance driven work environment and advancement
opportunities. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees,
wherever their career with Valmont may take them.
Valmont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we recognize
that diversity brings benefits to the company – ways of thinking and
approaches to decision making that can make us more successful. We value the
differences among individuals and welcome diversity within our workplace. Each
Valmont manager ensures that all applicants and employees are afforded an equal
opportunity in employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. Our policy prohibits discrimination on any basis
prohibited by law, including race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected under law.
No matter where in the world you live, Valmont products are part of your life. They are making the world
a better place to live - exactly what Valmont has been doing for more than 60 years.
Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Delivering Results - that
is The Valmont Way
Welder - Nights
Located In:Claremore, OK
25010 Alliance Dr Claremore Oklahoma 74017
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Welder II position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment. A thorough knowledge of welding procedures and practices are essential to ensure the quality of the product. Additionally, you will...
* Fuse (weld) metal structural components together by means of arc welding using one process in the fabrication of steel electrical poles, substations, and other structures
* Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning of work from blueprints or other written specifications and determining operation sequence
* Perform some welding on objects involving moderate safety and load requirements working in one position
* Move pole shafts using an overhead crane and gather parts and materials to complete the project
* Perform other duties as directed by leaders and management
* Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
What it takes
* Graduation from an acceptable Technical Training Program or an accredited trade school for welding
* Have at least 6 months of previous hands-on welding experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
* Interpretation of blue prints, including weld requirement symbology
* Must pass GMAW 1-G flat plate and / or rotational weld test and maintain certification
* At the end of 90 calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by management
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
* American Welding Society (AWS) welding certification from a recognized school
* Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
* The ability to accurately and honestly check one's own work for quality assurance
* One year previous experience operating hand and / or power tools
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Applications accepted through October 12, 2018
Valmont is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to
apply for a position at Valmont, call us at 402-963-1166 or send us an email at
PLEASE NOTE: This contact channel is reserved for use by individuals with
disabilities who require special accommodations in order to apply for a posted
position with Valmont. Information received via this contact channel will
be routed to resources that will provide appropriate assistance to these
individuals to ensure that their data is collected and entered into the system.
Making the World a Better Place to Live
Valmont is recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered products and services
for infrastructure and water-conserving agricultural irrigation equipment. We design, manufacture and
sell irrigation equipment; lighting, utility and communications poles, towers and structures; and
fabricated industrial products. We also provide custom coatings services.
Coatings. Valmont is a leading provider of metal coating
services. Our finishes, which include galvanizing, painting and anodizing, protect metal products
around the world from corrosion.
Irrigation. As the pioneering leader and the world's largest
manufacturer of mechanized irrigation equipment, Valmont hopes to feed the world and conserve fresh
Structures. Valmont's quality engineered structures for lighting and traffic, wireless
communication, highway safety and access systems provide safety and order for customers around the
Tubing and Other Industrial Operations. Valmont specializes
in additional industrial operations that include: custom steel tubing for a variety of industries;
forged steel grinding media for the mining industry; electrolytic manganese dioxide for disposable
batteries; and the distribution of industrial fasteners.
Utility. Utility relies on Valmont's substation structures
and steel, spun concrete and hybrid transmission and distribution poles to bring power to customers
in North America and emerging global markets.