We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments. We pride ourselves on being
people of passion and integrity
who excel and deliver results.
As a growing global manufacturing company, we offer employment opportunities for qualified candidates
in every area of every division around the world. Valmont may have a place for you in one of our manufacturing
plants or business marketing offices in North or South America, Europe, Asia, Australia or Africa.
We provide competitive compensation and benefits, a performance driven work environment and advancement
opportunities. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees,
wherever their career with Valmont may take them.
Valmont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we recognize
that diversity brings benefits to the company – ways of thinking and
approaches to decision making that can make us more successful. We value the
differences among individuals and welcome diversity within our workplace. Each
Valmont manager ensures that all applicants and employees are afforded an equal
opportunity in employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination
everywhere we do business. Our policy prohibits discrimination on any basis
prohibited by law, including race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected under law.
No matter where in the world you live, Valmont products are part of your life. They are making the world
a better place to live - exactly what Valmont has been doing for more than 60 years.
Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Delivering Results - that
is The Valmont Way
Located In:Mccook, NE
Job Type:Full-time Employee
Welds metal parts with gas welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order by performing the following duties. The welder reads the work order and positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench/floor or clamps parts together along layout marks. When not working in the bearing or swivel cell, the employee connects regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders and welding torch. The regulator is then turned on to activate the flow of gases; the torch is lit, adjusting gas mixture and pressure to obtain the desired level of flame. Holding the torch at the proper angle to metal, the welder guides it along the weld joint. The weld needs to be examined for bead size and other specifications. The welder lays out, positions and tack welds the pieces. Excess weld, slag or spatter is scraped prior to cleaning and degreasing the part. Operates automated welding equipment in the area and makes necessary adjustments to ensure proper blueprints specifications are met. Assists on any set up required for a specific job. The incumbent needs to be able to make an accurate accounting of labor, move tags, number of parts produced as well as providing all necessary quality checks. Some welders that are qualified to operate a forklift may be called upon to do so. All welders, regardless of their assigned cell, perform 5S tasks and other housekeeping tasks. On-site attendance is mandatory for this position.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
• A working knowledge of using e-mail
• The ability to successfully demonstrate hands-on pulsed gas metal arc welding during an on-site capability test
• The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
Additional Qualifications (Required):
• Attention to detail and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
• A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
• Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Preferred Qualifications (Optional):
• Welding certification from a recognized school
• Welding experience in a professional environment
• Over five years of non-professional welding experience (i.e., hobby or other recreational activity)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
· Welding certification from a recognized school
· Welding experience in a professional environment
· Over five years of non-professional welding experience (i.e., hobby or other recreational activity)
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must display an aptitude for problem solving and the ability to plan for or around future needs or problems. Will make decisions regarding the level of quality on all parts produced including those produced by other crew members.
· Employee makes routine decisions and also makes decisions that may affect the quality of the products being manufactured.
· Determines proper adjustments to tooling, burning and welding equipment to meet prescribed standards.
· Recognizes poor quality welds and takes corrective action. These are decisions that affect the employee’s own work quality and output.
· More complex decisions that affect the rest of the department will be made with the guidance of the lead person or supervisor.
· Although most of this job is covered by standard practices, good common sense and quality control procedures are essential aspects of completing this job in a successful manner.
Applications accepted through January 3, 2018
Valmont is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to
apply for a position at Valmont, call us at 402-963-1166 or send us an email at
PLEASE NOTE: This contact channel is reserved for use by individuals with
disabilities who require special accommodations in order to apply for a posted
position with Valmont. Information received via this contact channel will
be routed to resources that will provide appropriate assistance to these
individuals to ensure that their data is collected and entered into the system.
Making the World a Better Place to Live
Valmont is recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered products and services
for infrastructure and water-conserving agricultural irrigation equipment. We design, manufacture and
sell irrigation equipment; lighting, utility and communications poles, towers and structures; and
fabricated industrial products. We also provide custom coatings services.
Coatings. Valmont is a leading provider of metal coating
services. Our finishes, which include galvanizing, painting and anodizing, protect metal products
around the world from corrosion.
Irrigation. As the pioneering leader and the world's largest
manufacturer of mechanized irrigation equipment, Valmont hopes to feed the world and conserve fresh
Structures. Valmont's quality engineered structures for lighting and traffic, wireless
communication, highway safety and access systems provide safety and order for customers around the
Tubing and Other Industrial Operations. Valmont specializes
in additional industrial operations that include: custom steel tubing for a variety of industries;
forged steel grinding media for the mining industry; electrolytic manganese dioxide for disposable
batteries; and the distribution of industrial fasteners.
Utility. Utility relies on Valmont's substation structures
and steel, spun concrete and hybrid transmission and distribution poles to bring power to customers
in North America and emerging global markets.