CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
The Director of Product Management is an overall owner for a portfolio of service offerings, each of which solves customer business and technology problems in a model valued by the marketplace.
This leader is able to understand segmented customer requirements and the landscape of competitive options each customer may consider. The Director and their cross-functional team of development and operational resources must design a set of product features & functionality which can achieve growth, adapt to evolving market needs, and be profitable for the company.
Focus Area: Hybrid Infrastructure
One of the core areas where CenturyLink enables our business customers is in the area of infrastructure services that enable computing, storage and datacenter networking. CenturyLink offers these services in two primary models:
- Platform Model: Composable services from a global pool of capacity which meet the standard of true cloud platform delivery: automated, elastic and on-demand
- Hosted Model: Proven service models compatible with many enterprise architecture patterns, delivered in a consistent, efficient manner by service delivery professionals
The Director of Product Management for Hybrid Infrastructure will be responsible for all computing, storage, datacenter networking services across both these models.
- Act as primary business owner for an ongoing collection of products within the business unit.
- Create an understanding of the position of each product relative to the competitive options
- Prioritize product development resources based on strategic importance of each service within the portfolio
- Continually strive for simplification and rationalization of service options
- Make product lifecycle decisions around end-of-life and transition planning
- Guide new service concepts and commercial updates through the leadership approval process
- Develop deep understanding of market pricing and cost drivers for each service in the portfolio
- Drive cross-product integration so that services complement each other within a common user experience
- Develop assets to assist sales teams in understanding the customer benefits each product delivers, and how to consultatively position solutions
- Support sales and marketing resources with information regarding customer benefits
- Support field sales and engineering for qualified opportunities by assessing customization or feature feasibility
- Engage with marketing around understanding customer buyer segments and how to generate demand
- Participate as product champion in segmentation research efforts and go-to-market strategy planning
- Work within the product launch framework to introduce new offerings to the proper channels
- Develop key business metrics by which product success will be managed and measured
- Strive to reduce friction for all types of service consumption, from both a technical and business perspective
- Move as many service functions towards automated, platform-based consumption as possible
- Move as many business and contracting functions to simple models which reduce sales friction
- Guide and direct development and operations resources to ensure user experience meets market expectations
- Evaluate and scrutinize the product delivery schedule for adherence to market requirements and progressive refinement of value
- Align new products and features to financial forecasts
- Understand development methodologies and delivery sub-systems to accurately gauge development timelines and feature feasibility
- Develop an appropriate roadmap publication for each channel of delivery
- Maintain service business cases as living documents
- Drive each service offering to attain its goals as set forth in the business case and financial forecasts
- Develop promotional and pricing alternatives to help influence demand and growth rates
- Understand geographic differences in pricing strategy across the portfolio
- Manage revenue and segment income accountability through forecasting and trend analysis
- Calculate and understand profitability for each revenue stream, with the support of Finance and Strategic Pricing teams
- Be an accomplished team leader that can cast vision, illustrate tactics/strategy, and hold team members accountable
- Direct a team of highly skilled product managers within the family of products.
- Collaborate with other product groups throughout the company to drive understanding of how each service impacts the customer, and ensure alignment with stakeholders such as legal, regulatory, infrastructure, corporate development and other business units
- Be a corporate spokesperson, able to represent the product line along with the broader company strategy
- Be a mentor and teacher to product managers within the team and the business unit
- Adapt to changing market conditions as each business line evolves
- Support the customer, the company, and the team ahead of one's own personal interest
- Bachelors degree in technology, business, or engineering discipline, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years overall experience; 8+ years with product management, previous hands-on technology role (engineering, product development, sales engineering, or systems operations)
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Managed Services (such as computing, storage, applications, service management, cloud automation and/or networking technology).
- Proven experience navigating enterprise environments, marrying complex business requirements to progressive product design solutions, and overseeing transition to production from product development
- Ability to leverage organizational capabilities to develop detailed documentation and manage complex product commercialization services
- Strong technical knowledge of the technical domain for which services will solve customer problems
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Town And Country; US-Washington-Bellevue
Requisition #: 122041
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.