CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Centurylink is looking for a Customer Care Specialist in Omaha, NE.
- Handle a broad array of internal and external customer inquiries chats, over the phone and written regarding CenturyLink billing, credit verification, and support of payment and collection efforts on final billing. May handle angry or upset customers. May spend the majority of the day taking inbound about residential and small business customers.
- Follow up with customer, customer service, or other departmental employees to ensure service affecting work is being or was accomplished by the committed due date.
- Review customer information for accuracy and security to ensure we have the correct customer ordering products and service, and sustaining or overriding credit decisions to protect company revenue.
- Escalate customer complaints as appropriate and resolve associated problems. Negotiate requests from customers on service-related problems, handle complaints and attempt to enhance the company's revenue potential. Contact the appropriate individuals or departments that will best meet the customer needs, transferring the customers as appropriate.
- Utilize and navigate various web-based and mainframe systems (e.g., C+, Ensemble, Equifax, Lexis Nexis, ICAT, QBAT, EPP) to verify customer. May use multiple systems (e.g., ROMS, DOCS, Cshare sites) to distribute work and special projects from multiple groups/project managers.
- Duties include but are not limited to: obtaining necessary credit information from customers; arranging for security deposit where required; verifying addresses and availability of facilities; resolving discrepancies so that the order is processed accurately; negotiating and confirming installation dates and times with customers, including handling missed installations as quickly as possible; responding to customer requests to change orders in progress and issue new orders if necessary.
- All work will be reviewed / monitored to ensure that it meets CenturyLink's quality of service standards
- Perform clerical duties of a routine nature (e.g., filing, recording, logging, preparing records, light duty typing/word processing, electronic mail).
- Display strong customer service skills and the ability to effectively communicate with the customer.
- Demonstrate strong CenturyLink product/service knowledge.
- Computer literacy, multi-tasking, problem solving and strong verbal communication.
- Ability to navigate through, and toggle between, multiple systems and/or applications in a Windows environment.
- Effective oral communication skills: pleasant phone voice, proper grammar, clear, effective, and professional.
- Effective written communication skills: correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar usage.
- Ability to understand details and research customer accounts.
- Attention to detail, thorough knowledge of products and systems.
- Basic business math.
- Strong knowledge of mainframe and PC applications. Ability to toggle, copy, and paste as well as perform other daily used commands.
- Willingness to work extended hours, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Share room with others performing similar work.
- Work in a room with continuous business noise.
- Primarily perform work duties sitting or standing at a workstation utilizing a computer and telephone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime.
- Position requires high volume of customer contact and the ability to multi-task.
- Work in a structured environment with break times firmly scheduled.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Nebraska-Omaha
Requisition #: 160410
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to choose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.