CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Channel Relationship Manager
The Channel Relationship Manager is part of the Channel Alliance sales organization and is responsible for sales and revenue growth in a geographic territory which includes designated Regional Partners, Subagents and branches of National Partners. Our Channel Relationship Managers are expected to use consultative selling skills along with a strong understanding of the datacenter industry, network connectivity and hybrid / public / private cloud to consistently achieve quota attainment in the hosting, managed services, cloud and/or colocation business. They are also expected to develop highly productive reseller and referral partner relationships so that partners become self-sufficient in marketing and selling our products.
- Management of sales opportunities with all designated Partners, providing accurate and updated sales funnel with current status.
- Management and execution of Partner planning document.
- Development of territory plan, including documenting recruiting strategy.
- Meeting with Partners, participation in joint sales calls to customers and assisting the Partner in closing opportunities.
- An in-depth knowledge of the features and benefits and requirements of the Business Partner Program and the ability to articulate it to Partners along with the value proposition.
- Assisting Partners in broadening their product expertise and sales opportunities, striving for growth from all associated selling resources.
- Training partners on Product, Process, Partner & Marketplace.
- Escalation of any pricing, SLA or other issues as needed.
- Coordination of Partner access to Sales Engineering, Field Marketing and overlay resources as appropriate.
- Maintaining an up-to-date sales funnel in Marketplace.
- Dissemination of all communications and announcements.
- Coordination of local Partner participation in events and training.
- Driving product and promotions and programs.
- Keeping all Partners profiled in Marketplace.
- Attendance of Shows and conference calls, as designated by management.
- Reading of all communications and maintaining a high level of knowledge on all products, programs and promotions.
- Management of all market development fund requests and claims.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and/or 6 years of experience selling voice/data, hosting, managed services, cloud and/or colocation solutions to businesses.
- Regional Travel Required.
- Must have a valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record required.
- Previous experience meeting and exceeding a monthly sales quota.
- Presentation skills for both small and large groups.
- MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strongly prefer experience selling and supporting within an indirect channel or partner based sales program for IT Organizations, Independent Software Vendors, PaaS, IaaS, VAR's , System Integrators and telecommunications agents.
- Experience with internal CenturyLink systems.
Alternate Location: [[St.Louis or Chicago]]
Requisition #: []
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.