CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Taking it to another level connecting our customers to the Power of the Digital World! Are you willing to learn new technologies, provide friendly and knowledgeable solutions to our customers? Join our team as a Technician providing excellence in servicing the customer, selling our products and integrated communications services. What are the advantages to joining our dynamic technical team? Here are just a few - paid training, tuition assistance available, tools, test equipment and a company vehicle you will need to perform your job as well as you will have rapid progressive earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- Installs, tests and maintains private and switched services, and applications for individual residential and business customers.
- Maintains/repairs and tests copper cable and/or fiber optic cable in an underground, aerial, or buried environment.
- Troubleshoots problems that will require cable repair, cable maintenance, air pressure, splicing, faultfinding, etc.
- Installs or repairs circuits, connects equipment to inside cable and makes cross connection in remote terminals, cross boxes and at the customer premise.
- Uses laptop computer to option electronic systems and applications, and to test and install individual services.
- Reviews, analyzes, updates and interprets work orders, circuit diagrams, word documents, schematic drawings, engineering work prints, OPS (outside plant ) maps, equipment drawings, company records, technical manuals and other source documents to obtain specifications for installation and trouble isolation purposes.
- Receives service orders, worksheets (detailed diagrams describing nature and location of equipment to be installed or repaired) and repair tickets, and performs specified work.
- Conducts tests associated with the installation and repair of individual circuits.
- Consults with customers to establish telecommunication needs and offers the most appropriate solutions based on the customer's needs
- Resolves customer issues and problems, insures customer satisfaction; insures service is working to specifications.
- Utilizes various testing devices such as frequency and data signal generators, transmission measuring sets, volt-ohm-meters, software programs, while installing and maintaining equipment, services and applications.
- Performs pre-survey to determine availability of equipment and facilities, to pretest circuits to ensure that conditioning requirements are met, and to review with customer work specified in the work order and the possibilities of utilizing existing facilities for upgrading/customizing services.
- Performs turn-up, acceptance, installation and provisioning of DS0, DS1 and DS3 (or higher level) transmission services in the Designed Services environment including E911 services.
- Interfaces with other work groups (e.g. Central Office, Assignment Center, Access, etc.,) to ensure that committed service and test dates are met and to test the integrity of service prior to customer release.
- Works varying tours and hours, including possible mandatory overtime, pager duty, weekends and holidays depending on the needs of the business.
- May be away from home overnight(s) on temporary assignments, while assigned to work out of town for varying lengths of time.
- Wears safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate safe clothing and follows established safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable color.
- Works aloft on ladders.
- Works in a variety of confined spaces (i.e. raceways, crawl spaces, and attics).
- Previous experience installing, testing and turning up digital loop carrier systems.
- Previous experience in provisioning, installing, and maintaining DS0/DS1 circuits.
- At least six (6) months of experience within the last five years maintaining/repairing and testing copper cable and/or fiber optic cable in an underground, aerial, or buried environment.
- At least six (6) months of experience within the last five years installing or repairing circuits, connecting equipment to inside cable and making cross connections in remote terminals, cross boxes and at the customer premise
- Proficient with remote test access systems via laptop (flexr, GT, Adtran, Actellis)
- Basic electricity knowledge (through classes or on the job-related training) including: reading & interpreting circuit diagrams, equipment drawings, & technical manuals, AC/DC usage and measurements.
- Experience working in teams or alone problem solving, coordinating testing and troubleshooting customer lines or toll lines.
- Ability to read cable prints and maps.
- Ability to read and understand design services word docs.
- Experience working independently with little supervision.
- Experience meeting work deadlines.
- Position requires customer contact and the ability to effectively communicate over the phone and/or face to face with customers to assess and evaluate customer needs in an efficient and successful manner.
- Proven ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills for communicating CenturyLink's products and services to customers.
- Ability to use a laptop as a testing and diagnostic tool.
- Previous experience working with WFA.
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and test equipment such as Tberds, laptop, HST 3000, 965 DSP, Sidekick, Volt-ohm meter, oscilloscopes, transmission measuring sets or comparable testing equipment.
- Experience in connecting color coded wires and cables to terminals, attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings and poles.
- Requires valid state drivers license, satisfactory driving record, and the ability to drive vehicle with manual gear shift.
- At least twelve (12) months of experience within the last five years maintaining/repairing and testing copper cable and/or fiber optic cable in an underground, aerial, or buried environment.
- At least twelve (12) months of experience within the last five years installing or repairing circuits, connecting equipment to inside cable and making cross connections in remote terminals, cross boxes and at the customer premise.
- A minimum of twenty-four months experience within the last five years with these skills:
- Proficient with remote test access systems via laptop (flexr, GT, Adtran, Actellis)
- Previous experience testing and turning up Adtran and Nextlevel equipment
- Installing and repairing design services products such as DS0/DS1
- Installing and repairing multiplexing equipment for business customers
- Utilizing test equipment such as Laptop, Tberd, 965 DSP, and HST 3000
Alternate Location: US-Nebraska-North Platte
Requisition #: 205962
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.