CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; CenturyLink is going places. At CenturyLink, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how CenturyLink can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you're looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We're committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
Primary responsibilities are to maintain and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment within assigned market. HVAC systems comprise of CRAC/CRAH units, Drycoolers, Condensers, DX Split Systems, Fluid Loops, RTU's, Pumps, VFD's, Chillers, Wall-hung units, Building Management Systems as well as other mechanical and electrical platforms.
- Installs, maintains, monitors, and repairs all HVAC systems in assigned telecommunication facilities.
- Completes all preventive maintenance tasks including coil cleaning, filter and belt changes, lubricating bearings/motors, operational tests comprised of checking voltages, amperages and refrigerant pressures and any other necessary tasks to keep HVAC and mechanical systems operating as designed.
- Conduct repairs as needed to ensure N+1 redundancy for all mechanical systems being mindful of budget and cost saving initiatives.
- Responds to emergency calls within market to analyze and resolve complex mechanical, electrical, and/or other building related problems to prevent or minimize network service outages.
- Operates building management system to troubleshoot HVAC systems and maintain energy efficiency and power utilization targets.
- Interacts with internal customers, contractors, suppliers, and engineers to exchange information to ensure systems run at peak conditions and identify end of life equipment for budgeting purposes.
- Participates in commissioning activities and testing procedures to ensure new and modified equipment/systems are functioning as expected.
- Keeps detailed records of assignments, work activities and required equipment maintenance history in Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Uses tools, such as common hand and power tools - hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring instruments, electrical and electronic testing devices, refrigerant gauges, oxy-acetylene torch rigs, vacuum pumps, refrigerant recovery systems and other tools necessary to perform job requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes mechanical and electrical schematic drawings to determine work to be performed, and/or evaluate work already performed.
- Must have PC skills and be knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Assist with site equipment audits to ensure CMMS represents all critical infrastructure assets to include HVAC Systems, Generators, DC Power Plants, UPS Systems, Fire Systems, Battery Strings and other asset types found in telecom environments.
- Ability to be on-call after normal hours and work varying shifts with possible overtime and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions with exposure to noise and fumes.
- Requires ability to work under conditions that may be physically uncomfortable or dangerous.
- Capable of extremely high standards of customer service and the technical capability to grow and maintain a telecommunications environment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- May be required to wear safety glasses, safety shoes, protective gloves, and other personal protective equipment.
- May utilize pallet jacks, two-wheeled carts, hand trucks, and/or forklifts.
- May be required to lift/move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- 3 5 years' experience working with HVAC/Mechanical systems found in telecom or data center environment to include Liebert/Vertiv CRAC units or similar brands, Drycoolers, Fluid/Hydronic Loops, Pumps and Expansion Tanks
- Experience with retrofitting/converting refrigerant circuits from R-22 to R-407C or another suitable substitute
- Experience working around other critical infrastructure assets such as DC Power Plants, Battery Strings, UPS systems, Fire Systems, Generators and Automatic Transfer Switches, Utility Switchgear
- Experience with compressor changeouts on Liebert 20 & 30 Ton CRAC units or similar systems and all associated task related to job.
- Education Level: High School/GED
- Technical/Trade School Field of Study - HVAC/R or 5 years' experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent in Other Technology
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon; US-Virginia-McLean
Requisition #: 166244
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.