CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Any US city, though Denver CO, Town and Country MO or New York City region preferred
CenturyLink's Solutions With Advanced Technology (SWAT) Team is responsible for providing in depth Tier 3 technical support for CenturyLink Pre-Sales Sales Engineering in support of all Business Solutions products. SWAT works closely with front line Sales Engineers to provide timely, accurate and complete technical answers in support of customer solutions.
This position will be responsible for providing customer facing and internal in-depth pre-sales technical support primarily for Managed Hosting Services, Cloud, Virtualization, Outsourced infrastructure solutions (managed and un-managed) and specialized application suites.
Not only must a candidate understand the technology and services that CenturyLink offers but they must be able to work with the customer to fundamentally understand the technical requirements to create a solution that best meets the needs.
- Be part of a team to provide Sales Engineering one stop pre-sales technical support for CenturyLink products
- Support CenturyLink Sales Engineering in selling products and services by providing expert technical knowledge and experience.
- Provide thorough answers to questions including alternate and preferred technical solutions
- Be the technical subject matter expert for Collocation, Managed Hosting Services, and, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud including best practices that will minimize post-sales issues.
- Answer technical pre-sales questions related to CenturyLink product portfolio in a timely and accurate manner; address all technical pre-sales engineering question and issues associated with complex products and solutions
- Develop and grow Sales Engineering technical knowledge base in Managed Hosting, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services by providing technical training and development support to the CenturyLink Sales Engineering organization
- Work with account teams in solving one off requirements; lead internal cross-functional teams to obtain required approvals of non-standard designs
- Present solutions to customers up to and including C-Level staff
- Proactively provide customer feedback to teams across the organization
- Proactively provide input on strategic and tactical plans for new product development to teams across the organization
Primary Activity: Answer technical questions related to CenturyLink product portfolio in a timely and accurate manner
- Function as a technical subject matter expert for Collocation, Managed Hosting Services, and, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud by answered technical pre-sales questions via phone, e-mail and Instant Messenger, sometimes concurrently. Always prepared to discuss the pros and cons of any solution from a technical and supportability point of view
- Work with the account team to gather business and technology needs in order to formulate optimal solutions using CenturyLink products and industry best practices which minimize post-sales challenges
- Apply consultative selling and customer questioning techniques in order to identify new opportunities to sell within existing accounts and maintain the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and the sales team.
- Clearly articulate technical answers in writing, on the phone, or in person
- Build and maintain technical documentation as it relates to supported products
- Provide phone, webinar and in person training to Sales Engineering on technical aspects of products and industry best practices
- Review and audit non-technical documentation proactively recommending changes to document owners
- Work in cross organizational teams to leverage other assets in providing assistance to sales
- Provide technical and non-technical feedback on new and existing products
- Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and share knowledge with Sales Engineering
Bachelors Degree and at least 10 year's experience in Managed Hosting, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services
- Demonstrated understanding of solutions in: Managed Hosting, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services.
- Knowledge and at least five years experience in design of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures.
- Knowledge and at least five years experience in configuration and support of Microsoft Windows, Linux, or Solaris operating systems, including remote management
- Knowledge of application development, VMARE, Docker, and Linux Containers
- Knowledge and at least five year's experience in Managed Hosting, Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services
- Knowledge and at least ten year's experience with Local Area Networks components including routers, switches, bridges, firewalls, load balancers, IDS and IPS.
- Knowledge and at least ten year's experience with Wide Area Network, Local Area Network design as it relates to datacenter solutions including OSI model Layers 1-4. Strong knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks, IP Telephony, Security, network diversity applications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
- Consultative selling and customer questioning techniques in order to qualify customer's technical requirements and identify CenturyLink solutions while maintaining the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and sales team
- Able to work in a team environment with sales, service support organizations, vendors, and customers
- Ability to work autonomously and concurrently on multiple projects and associated deliverables
- Ability to seek and find alternative solutions when initial answer is no
- Positive work attitude coupled with an abundance of patience
- Willingness to freely and proactively share knowledge across team and organization
- High-level PC proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Ability to meet customer, company or self imposed deadlines: time management skills are a critical
- Strong project management skills
- Valid Driver's License with satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to pass a credit check and obtain corporate credit card
- Periodic travel required within the United States (up to 10% annually)
- Storage network experience is desirable.
- Knowledge and at least five years experience in running of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures.
- Significant design and engineering experience running VMware
- Familiarity with the entire ordering process and different CenturyLink systems used
- Previous experience with stand up teaching of technical classes
- Understand and implement Miller Heiman strategic sales techniques
- Industry leading certifications preferred (Cisco, Juniper, VMware and others)
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Missouri-Town And Country; US-New Jersey-Edison; US-New Jersey-Florham Park; US-New Jersey-Weehawken; US-New York-New York
Requisition #: 128425
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.