CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
The CenturyLink Technology Solutions' Solutions Architect is accountable for technical sales support of all CenturyLink Technology Solutions products and services including: Managed Hosting Services, Cloud, Virtualization, Outsourced infrastructure solutions (managed and un-managed), specialized application suites. Responsibilities include preparing customer presentations, architectural designs, and bid responses. Solutions Architects are also responsible for providing technical training for the sales force.
- Provide technical support to help drive revenue through all sales channels,
- Present CenturyLink Business Solutions' capabilities to customers & prospects,
- Develop & present preliminary technical designs for customer solutions
- Provide technical training to the sales teams
- Work with Product Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements
- Engage Professional Services team to complement customer solutions
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for business clients who desire outsourced infrastructure options to enhance their own technical capabilities
- Field technical questions from prospects and clients
- Determine client requirements and provide designs for Managed Hosting Infrastructure, Cloud, Virtualization, Storage, Security
- Provide consultative services based on prospect's requirements and available product offerings
- Represent CenturyLink Technology Solutions technical capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influence customer expectations according to product and network management capabilities and constraints
- Present CenturyLink Technology Solutions proposed solutions in a professional business environment, demonstrating salesmanship
- Provide post-sale support to installation personnel as needed to clarify service expectations; including providing diagrams, verbal explanation, and written documentation
- Present technical training to new and existing sales and Sales Support personnel
- Meet and exceed management targets for number of customer contacts, number and complexity of sales opportunities supported, and training completed
- Provide technology consulting for internal contacts in Product Management and Marketing, and translate prospective customer requirements into recommendations for new or enhanced products and features
- Ensure compliance with all Policies and Procedures
- Attend company and regional meetings as required, maintain peer relationships and understand and utilize company resources.
- Work on large/complex deals within assigned region, strategic to Sales RVP objectives
- Development of SE colleagues. I.E. deal coaching, training sessions, mentoring programs
- Consistently track record of driving Managed deals toward closure and seeing them smoothly through the CenturyLink Technology Solutions process
- Drive and instill solution best practices across regional team
- Lead regional sales team training sessions
- Depth and breadth of expertise in Managed Hosting, Cloud ,Virtualization, Outsourced infrastructure solutions (managed and un-managed), Security, and Professional Services related to CenturyLink Technology Solutions offerings
- Road/Lead to Industry Recognition by white paper, trade show representation and vendor sponsored speaking
- Provide Professional Services SOW for non-standard components and ties to all product solutions
- Influence into Custom Engineering, Product Engineering, and Product Marketing
- Develop Solutions technically with mapping to business objective, industry competitiveness, transformation of technology and business and value base decision support/ROI analysis
- Initiative Drivers : Quarterly run and deliver minimum of one initiative
- Champion peripheral organizations initiatives in the SE organization
- Train and Lead the Solutions Engineers for products, technology and industry trends and process optimization
- Complete understanding of the sales process
- Proficient with common office applications, including MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Visio
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Experience performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered needs
- Ability to document solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork within the various organizations of the company to serve the customer
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Capability to schedule time with flexibility to handle varying workload, and still meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge and at least 4 years of experience in Managed Hosting Services, Cloud, Virtualization, Outsourced infrastructure solutions (managed and un-managed), specialized Enterprise application suites
- Knowledge and at least 2 years of experience in configuration and support of Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Solaris operating systems, including remote management.
- Knowledge of computer environmental facilities including power distribution, uninterruptible power switching systems, generators, air handling equipment, cabling and cable management systems, fire suppression, and security.
- Web application design experience in Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), Apache, and Netscape/iPlanet.
- Preferred knowledge: Oracle, Sybase SQL, Cisco, Juniper, and Checkpoint.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/MIS/Computer Science/Telecom or comparable experience
- 10 + years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Hosting Support engineer for a Service Provider in the Enterprise Marketplace, or related operational engineering role.
Alternate Location: Seattle
Requisition #: 127536
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.