CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Director SMB Marketing Communications
Reports to VP Marketing Communications
Go-To-Market Strategy and Market Positioning
- Responsible for development and execution of the Small and Mid-Size Business (SMB) go-to-market strategy to customers and prospects with 1-1000 employees
- Develop end-to-end marketing communication strategies designed to meet business objectives including key product growth, change/reinforcement of market perception and effective communication of value proposition.
- Coordinate with segment teams to create a go-to-market approach for SMB-focused products specifically designed to deliver the unit and revenue projections.
- Collaborate with product marketing and segment teams to message and communicate enhancements to existing products and launch new products based on understanding of market opportunities.
- Consistently leverage opportunities for CenturyLink to grow share and revenue by better positioning CenturyLink products, and offers, against competitive offerings.
- Develop marketing message and define key value drivers for strategic products (including High Speed Internet, Hosted VoIP, Cloud Services, Fiber +, Ethernet, MPLS, SD-WAN, Colocation and Hosting) that position CenturyLink for consideration throughout the customer buying cycle by leveraging segmentation analysis, pricing strategy, research, market analysis, and competitive landscape.
- Create message architecture for all SMB-focused products with specific focus on key points of differentiation that can be leveraged to drive customer awareness, consideration throughout the customer buying cycle and interest in CenturyLink products and ultimately create intent to purchase.
Budget Forecasting and Management
- Responsible for forecasting, planning and managing SMB production budget for digital and offline activity
- Forecasting Review unit projections, product launch plans and media budgets in order to formulate the amount of in market activity that will be needed to deliver the plans. Work with internal stakeholders, agencies and marcom ops to generate budget requests needed to generate the work.
- Planning Once budget is finalized, responsible for allocating the approved amount to ensure the tactics are in place to generate needed response volume and support consumer products awareness in-market.
- Managing Responsible for ensuring the tactical plan is executed within the budget, that it is delivering the response volume needed for the channels to meet their sales goals and that it is optimized to be as efficient as possible to allow us to generate as much activity as needed within the allocated funding.
- Responsible for outside agency budgeting and management of the agency relationships
- Responsible for negotiating contracts with outside agencies that support the SMB segments
- SMB Team responsible for all acquisition and retention focused marketing communications integrated campaigns which includes the message and creative development, approval, execution and reporting of marketing performance that drive lead and demand generation.
- Define SMB online .com presence including messaging, creative, content development and positioning of value products including site-map structure, customer flow, rich-media tools, lead generation mechanisms, product promotion and sales support content including banner content, case studies, white papers, testimonials, capability videos and product demonstrations.
- Manage Social Media platform strategy, execution and reporting targeting SMB customers and prospects. Monthly content strategy, monthly content calendar, blogs, influencers, videos, graphics, webinars, contests, demonstrations, employee participation, community management.
- Mass media tactics including TV, print media, Out of Home (OOH), radio.
- Digital: online paid search and display advertising
- Email campaign messaging strategy for 1-10 employee businesses; complete campaign messaging, creative, cadence and execution for 11-1000 employee businesses.
- Direct mail campaign messaging strategy, creative and testing for Small Business (1-10)6M pieces / quarter and 110 unique versions. Mid and Enterprise business direct mail strategy and testing for strategic products.
- Develop sales enablement materials including collateral to support sales professionals and call center.
- Develop materials to support SMB-focused initiatives in market for Market Development Managers.
- Development Generate creative brief based on product position, campaign goals and available budget and coordinate the creation of tactics by agency.
- Approval Facilitate the approval of in-market tactics by all internal stakeholders including segment team, legal, product development, product marketing and leadership.
- Reporting response performance for each individual campaign tactic as well as the entire advertising ecosystem. Execute creative and media and optimization to maximize sales opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years related experience or 10+ years related experience with a Masters
- Self-starter who takes initiative in tackling new challenges, and a problem-solver who is not intimidated by new opportunities
- Thrives in an environment where he/she can identify new ways to use influencers to impact the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport and trust with clients
- Ability to manage to deadlines and deliver results, and measure the impact of his/her contribution to the business
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 126529
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.