CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Technical Service Engineer -Storage
The Hosting storage department is accountable for all storage support for CenturyLink managed hosting storage systems, Comprising of Incident Management, Change Management, Request Fulfillment and interacting closely with Problem management.
The Technical Service Engineer (TSE) is responsible for leading the technical relationship of one or more CenturyLink clients. They will provide superior support to a subset of CenturyLink Clients in a complex network and/or hosting solutions environment. The TSE will review, approve and execute change requests to ensure successful change management. They will troubleshoot storage systems and SAN switch incidents to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time To Repair. The TSE will be responsible for ensuring a positive Client relationship. They will ensure the Operations Center has all documentation necessary to understand and support their clients
The role will be working on a shift pattern from Monday to Friday. The hours worked are a standard 8 hour day anytime between the hours of 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM.
HP 3PAR Product Line
· V400/V800 model series
· T400/T800 model series
NetApp Product Line
· 3xxx, 6xxx, and 8xxx model series
· Clustered Data OnTap (CDOT)
· Snap feature set
Brocade Product Line
· DCX, 62xx, 85xx model series
FalconStor Product Line
· FalconStor Network Storage Server
· Identify, resolve, and/or escalate storage issues according to procedural documentation and training
· Creative problem-solving to identify the source of problems
· Create or update documentation including network diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure consistent support of Client environments
· Through Client consultation, realize growth opportunities for production Client environments.
· Provide guidance to adjacent support tiers to assist in resolution of complex network, system and security incidents
· Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties (internal and external)
· Partner with the Problem Management Center to reduce re-occurring incidents
· Provide consultative assistance to the Operations Center during off hours as needed
· Review system and network configurations with Service Delivery to ensure successful implementation of services into production
· Perform incident trend analysis to promote a stable solution within the environment.
· Other duties as assigned
Previous storage operations support experience in enterprise, IT or service provider environment (5 Years)
· Experience diagnosing complex issues vendor specific capture analysis
· Hands on experience with a subset (but not limited to) the following technologies:
· A commitment to delivering a superior Client experience through direct interaction with Clients during support and change management
· Ability to quickly adapt to advancing technologies and procedural changes
· Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
· Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
· Ability to work well in team environment
· Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Hands on experience with one or more of the following:
oEnterprise grade storage technologies
· Experience with Shell/Perl/Expect/Powershell and/or other scripting languages and/or web development technologies like HTML, XML, Java
· Familiarization with SAS-70 and ITIL guidelines and practices
· Technical certifications in areas of expertise (3PAR, NetApp, Brocade, EMC, HDS, etc)
· Project Management experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in related fields
· 8 years of experience in systems support role
· Certificates of training in associated fields/equipment
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-St Louis; US-Missouri-Town And Country
Requisition #: 120807
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Consulting, Developer, Engineer, Java, Cisco, Technology, Engineering
|Date Posted||December 7, 2017|
|Date Closes||January 6, 2018|
|Located In||Town and country, MO|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories