Streck is recruiting for a Microbiology assistant to join our Microbiology department this summer. This position will work closely with our Microbiology Instrument and manufacturing groups.
- Maintain aseptic working conditions in the microbiology lab.
- Maintain adequate inventory of microbiology lab supplies.
- Perform microbiological testing of incoming materials, solutions, in-process and filled final products according to established procedures.
- Release material to next processing stage based on established specifications.
- Perform environmental microbiological testing according to established procedures.
- Assist with department projects as assigned by management.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- At least 16 years of age and enrolled in high school or college
- Ability to work 40 hours per week (8am to 4:30pm M-F) for the summer period.
- Interests in gaining laboratory or quality control experience
- Familiar with aseptic technique
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- 8 hour days – Monday through Friday 800am-430pm
Dress Code Requirements:
- Casual – Jeans and T-shirt
- Dedicated Shoes