This position is responsible for providing support, design, development, installation, testing, and problem resolution duties relative to the Streck Microsoft SQL Server database environment. Also, this position is responsible for identifying and assisting in or resolving issues of significant complexity in support of business automation needs relative to database operations. Incumbent will be collaborative in nature and willing and able to share knowledge and expertise while working with peers in the Streck IT department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Installs, supports, upgrades and maintains Microsoft SQL Server database environments from version 2008 and later.
- Supports Streck Data Warehouse ongoing development, use of SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and other packaged Microsoft tools to provide business intelligence capabilities to multiple business units within Streck.
- Identifies and assists in the resolution of database and supported application processing issues.
- Serves as mentor for data architecture concepts in support of application development activities. Able to create and articulate both logical and physical data model designs and application processing impacts of same.
- May participate in application design reviews to insure data architecture design meets business needs and identified standards.
- Contributes to Streck IT internal standards development. Establishes database standards where required.
- Provides support for database backup, recovery, availability and performance. Interfaces with others within IT to insure appropriate levels of testing relative to database integrity and resiliency are present in production database instances.
- Plans and supports database upgrades in conjunction with other IT
- Supports database best practices relative to tuning, object creation, monitoring, security, logging and auditing techniques while sharing knowledge and collaborating with others in IT to deliver effective application solutions in a solid operational environment.
- Researches and stays abreast of SQL Server software advances, practices, techniques, and methods. Shares same with others in IT to support delivery of effective application solutions.
- Utilizes and leverages system-monitoring tools (Spotlight/SCOM/Performance Monitor counters) to insure operational performance, integrity and stability of production database environments.
- Perform other support duties as assigned by IT
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science, information systems or combination of associate’s degree and three years of related work experience can substitute.
- Minimum three years of experience in database administration duties.
- PC proficiency with good working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Thorough working knowledge of personal computers, database concepts, and networks.