SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be responsible for the establishment and management of customer account relationships via telephone, written correspondence and field visits to achieve sales goals for Streck products within an assigned territory. The Account Manager will be responsible for gathering and analyzing competitive and industry related information and for performing other duties as assigned by manager. This position may require up to 15% travel including some weekends, tradeshow attendance and responsibilities outside of the traditional work day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain existing customer relationships by completing sales process from start to finish and proactively addressing client needs to ensure strong, long-lasting relationships.
- Oversee customer account management to ensure customer questions, concerns or feedback is being handled in a timely fashion to ensure satisfaction. Serve as liaison between customers and internal cross-functional teams to deliver solutions to customers.
- Plan territory sales strategies based on a thorough and on-going review and analysis of marketing plans for their product line(s).
- Develop quarterly business plans and strategies to support goals and forecast with tactical detail by product line and customer within assigned territory.
- Develop assigned territory compliance management using CRM tools and reporting metrics. Conduct business gap analysis of actual performance against goals and forecast.
- Develop a cooperative working relationship with distributor representatives in their territory.
- Negotiate special pricing with customers as necessary and provide appropriate pricing justification to management.
- Maintain current and competitive knowledge on product lines, programs and competitive industry knowledge.
- Maintain accurate and current customer account records.
- Collect competitive data and remain current on industry, customer and competitive trends.
- Collaborate with Account Executives and Account Managers on regional sales team to identify opportunity within the territory.
- Ensure on-going communication with the Sales Managers, Customer Service, Technical Services, Marketing and all other appropriate personnel to ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or life science required.
- Two to three (2-3) years of sales experience required and previous account support experience at Streck preferred.
- Must be dependable, well organized, be able to communicate effectively and efficiently, orally and in writing, and possess excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Territory management may require regular airline travel and overnight stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job. Travel is estimated at 15% which may include time commitments outside of the traditional work day.
Visit www.streckcareers.com to learn more about Streck and apply for this opportunity.
Streck develops and delivers quality control and diagnostic products that touch millions of lives and help validate the reputations of laboratories, hospitals and clinicians all over the world.
For all of us at Streck, our job is not simply about scientific accuracy. It is just as much about responsiveness, commitment and responsibility. The result is something science alone cannot create: Trust.
Streck is located in a state-of-the art facility just minutes from Interstate 80 in the southwest Omaha/LaVista area. We offer a collaborative environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance and corporate wellness focus.
Streck is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and forbids discrimination against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping and caregiver status), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship, marital status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.