SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing, this leadership position is responsible for the development, planning and implementation of all of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversee development and implementation of market analysis, upstream marketing and new product development, product pricing management, product forecasting, support materials, services in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Direct the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the organization including Product Managers, Technical and Customer Services and Support and functions as a member of the Leadership Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Provide the planning and leadership to the Marketing Department by ensuring the appropriate structures, systems, competencies and values are developed in order to meet and exceed the goals of the Marketing plan and in support of achievement of corporate objectives. Develop annual marketing plans for the organization for strategic market and product planning, market research programs, field force activities an control of the marketing budget
- Oversee and evaluate market research, analysis, and make appropriate adjustments to marketing strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions as it pertains to the product portfolio. Participate in the development of product literature, sales presentation materials and other field force marketing collateral in support of specific sales and market initiatives.
- Develop marketing strategies for new and existing products working collaboratively with the VP of Sales & Marketing, Product Managers, R&D and other department stakeholders, to develop sales strategies by utilizing market intelligence gathered from VOC and market analysis, sales, product management, technical services and all other customer facing input sources.
- Development and implement new product ‘Go-to-Market’ strategy in full cooperation with senior management colleagues across the organization including Finance, R&D, Operations, Sales, Marketing and the President and CEO.
- Develop ongoing liaison with key opinion leaders, patient support groups and other professional healthcare organizations to ensure that significant developments in the field are identified and monitored.
- Develop marketing information for Business Development and the Innovation Committee (including R&D) to provide direction from the development of new products and modification of current products.
- Ensure that competitive products and marketing activities are monitored on an on-going basis and communicated effectively to Executive Committee members and other pertinent stakeholders within the organization
- Provide guidance and support to the direct report managers in all matters relating to marketing of Streck products and their business responsibility.
- Collaborate and work with the product management group to ensure timely and thorough completion and on-going review of product marketing activities.
- Maintain accurate and complete product history file for each product line.
- Organize and direct marketing and strategy meetings on a regular basis whereby the strategy and promotion programs are reviewed and adjusted accordingly.
- Oversight, management and accountability of all product and brand campaign management, activities and initiatives, marketing communication (print, digital, social media) and advertising content and messaging. Collaboration with VP Sales & Marketing, Regulatory, and R&D for content messaging and positioning is on point, in compliance, and aligned with and in support of organizational goals and requirements.
- Conduct performance appraisal of marketing and advertising departmental employees and develop opportunities including succession planning and national or global sales and management training programs.
- Prepare and present reports on marketing activities as requested, and perform all other duties as assigned by, the VP of Sales & Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related business discipline with marketing focus in product management, product planning and advertising. Advanced degree like an MBA or additional college education preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of previous marketing experience with progressive responsibility in product management, product planning and market analysis required. Minimum five to eight years at the management level.
- Strong marketing experience in the life sciences industry required.
- Knowledge of diagnostics markets, specifically in the arena of molecular, hematology, and flow cytometry is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing teams of multiple disciplines in sales and marketing, of 10 or more employees.
Visit www.streckcareers.com to learn more about Streck and apply for this opportunity.
Streck develops and delivers quality control and diagnostic products that touch millions of lives and help validate the reputations of laboratories, hospitals and clinicians all over the world.
For all of us at Streck, our job is not simply about scientific accuracy. It is just as much about responsiveness, commitment and responsibility. The result is something science alone cannot create: Trust.
Streck is located in a state-of-the art facility just minutes from Interstate 80 in the southwest Omaha/LaVista area. We offer a collaborative environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance and corporate wellness focus.
Streck is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and forbids discrimination against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping and caregiver status), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship, marital status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.