Looking to start your career, not just a job? Are you interested in an evolving role in an exciting and entrepreneurial company with room for growth? How about a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to work with colleagues across the country?
At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
Summary of what you’ll be responsible for:
The Account Manager in our large group area (100+ lives) coordinates complete service of assigned group clients including planning for current and future needs of the client, organizing client management procedures and controlling all aspects of the client.
You should have experience working in the insurance industry at an insurance carrier or as an employee benefits consultant. If you are adaptable, organized, drive for results and can easily build professional relationships, this opportunity could be the next step in your career.
The details of what you’ll handle:
- Plans for current and future needs of the client by:
- Maintaining technical expertise in the group insurance industry; maintaining working knowledge of various funding methods, state and federal legislation, insurance products, self-insurance programs, and Section 125 plans; and maintaining the ability to evaluate provider networks.
- Maintaining a current, working knowledge of the business organization of the assigned clients.
- Proactively seeking to provide options that best meet the client's business objectives and periodically performing a complete client analysis.
- Organizes and directs client management services by organizing regular meetings for purposes of benefit plan review and renewal, guiding and directing the Service Specialist and Benefit Analyst assigned to the case, resolving questions and reviewing and approving work.
- Manages account by:
- Conducting midyear or quarterly meetings with client to review plan designs, rate history, and claims experience; discuss client concerns; and introduce new plan ideas.
- Answering client questions and performing research as needed.
- Reviewing the initial renewal request from the carrier and obtaining client agreement if it is necessary to bid the case; directing the bidding process and preparing, or reviewing and approving, the final report; and presenting a renewal or bid report to the client using professional sales techniques.
- Negotiating on behalf of the client for the best price contract with the carrier; and reviewing the commission structure to determine if negotiations on behalf of the firm should also be conducted.
- Planning an employee communication strategy with the client, directing the Service Specialist in the preparation of communication materials, reviewing and approving preparation of appropriate employee communication material to be used by the client, and delivering material to the client. Employee meetings are also conducted as needed.
- Providing overall coordination of program changes and ensuring due diligence is performed so that no insured individual loses coverage.
If you’re the right person for this opportunity, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in the group insurance field in a position such as group insurance representative, marketing, plan administration, or corporate benefits coordinator; with emphasis in underwriting, consulting, or benefits management.
- Professional designation through CEBS, RHU, REBC, HIAA, or FMLI also required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain state life, accident and health insurance license required.
What We Offer:
HUB offers our Associates a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. We want Associates to feel empowered and appreciated in the workplace and have instituted several initiatives to help achieve that goal. We know that highly trained and conscientious Associates are on the front line of client service and we strive to provide Associates with an environment that fosters growth, satisfaction and creativity.
Personal & Family Benefits
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, holidays and bereavement leave
- Flexible schedules and ability to work from home
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Medical, dental and vision
- Life & accident
- Disability plans
- Long-term care
- Cancer & ICU / CCU Plans
Retirement Benefits HUB's 401(k) and profit sharing plan is an important part of your total compensation package that will help you build a more financially secure future. The program is designed to allow you to save money for retirement on a pre-tax or a Roth (after-tax) basis. In addition HUB provides a safe-harbor contribution of 3%.
Education Benefits The insurance industry is constantly changing and it's vital that our Associates stay current on marketplace trends, new products, certifications and professional designations. Our educational assistance program covers 100% of reasonable costs for classes, courses, seminars, etc. (including tuition, materials and eligible fees) that are employment needed certifications and education.
Other Benefits In addition to our core benefits, HUB also offers the following perks:
- Dress for Your Day (jeans every day!)
- Lounge area with free healthy treats every day, including fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, juice, milk and snack items. All food items are available at no charge to Associates.
- Wellness Activities Group (WAG) - Offering special incentives, fun events, lunch seminars and other health-promotion activities.
- Personal Insurance - Associates may purchase home and auto insurance at special group rates, with payroll deduction available for premium payment
- Flexible Spending Account for eligible medical and dependent care expenses
- Ample free parking
HUB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.