Crew Leader - Omaha, NE
Provide expertise and leadership on product installation and services for systems and office furniture. Provide effective work direction in all phases of the assigned installation of product to SBI Installers, temporary labor, and sub-contractors. Provide expertise, communication and leadership throughout the entire installation process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads larger-scale installation projects, directs activities of installers and sub-contractors on the work site.
- Ensures quality work, effective & efficient execution of the installation process with safety as a priority.
- Practice, encourage, & enforce the use of appropriate safety equipment.
- Controls project costs and recovery of expenses through execution of punchlist and change order procedures.
- Survey job site for existing facilities damage, obstacles, etc., and report to Project Managers.
- Identifies and communicates project damages, omissions and customer concerns to Project Manager.
- Utilize on-the-job technical expertise to train and mentor the installation team as well as sub-contractors.
- Facilitates product updates and new product training
- Timely, legible, and accurate completion and submission of all daily documentation.
- Utilize appropriate procedure for checkout and use of all tools and equipment.
- Ensure and practice cleanliness and safe operation of all company vehicles, power tools, and moving equipment.
- Provide daily project updates and appropriate documentation to the customer, Project Manager or Installation Manager.
- Provide daily feedback regarding staff performance.
- Overtime and occasional travel outside the Omaha metro may be required.
- Reliable and predictable attendance.
- Desire and ability to lead staff, problems solve, and be an advocate for continuous improvement.
- 3-5 years of installation and industry experience preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand manufacturers’ assembly directions applicable to the product being installed.
- Working knowledge of all Steelcase lines and of major competitor’s lines.
- Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and proven ability to organize and prioritize activities well.
- Basic use of technology/systems, with a desire to learn new technology that presents, is a requirement. (i.e., iPad, Bluebeam Revu, SNAP Schedule, Smartsheet, Microsoft Office)
- Proven safety practices, technical knowledge, customer service and leadership skills
- Strong desire and perceived ability to mentor and guide less knowledgeable staff.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to meet insurance requirements and the ability to operate SBI fleet vehicles.
- Ability to meet the background requirements necessary to access restricted customer sites.
- Ability and knowledge to install wall track and other wall mounted furniture components.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise all aspects of projects, including SBI installers, temporary labor, and sub-contractors.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Stand, stoops, kneel, crawls, bend, crouches, and perform overhead/body work from lying position on a daily basis.
• Ability to regularly lift 50 pounds, floor to waist; 75 pounds floor to knee height; & push/pull 150 pounds on wheeled cart consistently.