The purpose of this role is to cultivate relationships amongst the Architect & Design (A&D) Community with the goal of establishing professional credibility, adding value, and to provide support to A&D partners for their clients. This role will be instrumental in gaining insight into opportunities where SBI may partner on upcoming projects and is positioned well to provide guidance, expertise, and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A key contributor in establishing the overall vision and strategy for supporting the A&D community partners. Responsible to ensure awareness of upcoming initiatives and activity within the organization, as well as with the A&D partners.
- Take the lead and collaborate with the business development team, leadership, Steelcase partners, and A&D partners to identify the activities, plans, and touchpoints to be utilized annually in achieving the A&D vision and strategy.
- Identify, prioritize, and approach key A&D Partners to further the A&D initiative continually.
- Regularly seek feedback to better establish the focus of activity. Leverage SBI team members’ knowledge and experience to sharpen the focus of content and activity.
- Execute plans, activities, and touch points to present SBI as a reliable source of information, expertise, and support.
- Serve as the liaison between the SBI Team (particularly SBI Vertical Market Solution Specialists) and the A&D Partners.
- Identify value added external events and organizations in which SBI can participate to further the A&D strategy.
- Organize and execute A&D related engagements, presentations, and events.
- Assess, research, and recommend vendor partners that will complement the A&D initiative.
- Foster relationships with key vendors, leverage their resources and identify subject matter experts, which can be introduced to A&D Partners.
- Research and offer recommendations for how SBI showroom can be fully utilized by A&D Partners.
- Actively engage and participate in business events, functions, and organizations with the goal to promote SBI and generate relationships and opportunities for both short and long-term growth in the Omaha market.
- Attend and actively participate in team and Sales Department meetings.
- Complete accurate and timely sales activity reports as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Education or experience in the architectural and design field preferred.
- Proven ability to initiate, develop, and maintain successful client relations and business relationships within the community and at all levels of a firm. (Designer, Sr. Designer, Studio Director, Principal, etc.).
- Self-starter who is collaborative and a team player.
- Desire to be actively involved in relevant, and industry specific, networking opportunities, activities, and organizations within the community.
- Strong relationship building skills with significant experience in developing connections and opportunities at the decision-maker level.
- A strong communicator with well-developed written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in developing and delivering customized presentations is preferred.
- Intermediate level with computer skills.
- Ability to travel to attend meetings, conferences, and training.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and communicate effectively internally and externally.
- Ability to promote a culture of continuous improvement in an organization.