Sheppard's Business Interiors, Inc. Omaha, NE
Installs systems and office furniture at customer and other site locations according to manufacturer’s recommended procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads and unloads product from truck or dock.
- Uncrates, strips, stages and distributes product for installation.
- Reports any observed quality, installation or safety problems to Lead.
- Assembles and installs furniture.
- Keep work area clean & clear of debris at all times.
- Practice, encourage, & enforce the use of appropriate safety equipment.
- Utilize appropriate procedure for checkout and use of all tools and equipment.
- In the absence of a Crew Lead, document and communicate all changes to original installation drawings, including punchlist items and return with daily paperwork.
- Timely, legible, and accurate completion and submission of all daily documentation.
- Appropriate and safe operation of all company vehicles, power tools, and moving equipment.
- Maintains toolbox with all required tools.
- Provides assistance to other departments as requested.
- Overtime hours and occasional travel outside Omaha may be available.
- Reliable and predictable attendance.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Previous furniture handling experience preferred.
- Ability to operate service van and other light delivery vehicles.
- Ability to learn to read blueprints.
- Ability to meet insurance and background check requirements.
- Experience operating basic hand and power tools (tape measure, level, cordless drill, etc.) preferred.
- Stand, stoops, kneel, crawls, bend, crouches, and perform overhead/body work from lying position on a daily basis.
- Ability to regularly lift 50 pounds, floor to waist; 75 pounds floor to knee height; & push/pull 150 pounds on wheeled cart consistently.
| Date Posted
June 11, 2018
| Date Closes
July 11, 2018
725 S. 72nd Street
| Located In
Installs systems office furniture
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
51-2099.00 Assemblers and Fabricators, All Other
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
This job is related other jobs in these career categories