The Application Developer position will be involved in architecting and developing solutions to and providing testing for organizational requests for software development, enhancements and corrections to the MODUS® platform - VB.Net WinForms and Web Services.
Position Purpose & Objective / Focus
The Application Developer will be expected to participate in the technical development of our MODUS® platform and support of existing VB.NET / SQL Server. Work with the front-end User Interface, Business Logic, as well as Service and Data Layers
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work Intake - Monitor the work intake process (i.e. feeding the backlogs) and collaborate with the Director of Application Development to agree on work priorities. Work with the business analysts to gather specifications for complex requests. Attend requirements gathering meetings to provide technical expertise on what is achievable. Ensure that all backlogs are progressing according to expectations
- Architect Solution - Architect elegant solutions to solve the needs of all operational initiatives. Document and communicate these solutions so that other developers may implement them. Participate in the development of these solutions. Production of complex solutions without oversight or assistance.
- Coding - Coding of architected solutions, individually or in collaboration with other developers. Lines of code checked into the source control system.
- Define Team Software's coding practices and platform specific guidelines.
- Documentation - Document all changes made in coding solutions with completeness and adherence to documentation standards
- Reporting - Develop end user reports, data extracts, and business intelligence solutions, as required, with accuracy in created reports.
- Integration - Develop data exchange and/or integration solutions, as needed, with accuracy of integration solutions combined with simplicity of consumption.
- Data Modeling - Work with data team to perform data modeling and database back end implementations while keeping in line with industry best practices for cleanliness of data model structure.
- Research - Research new technologies to determine the best solution to solve problems or increase efficiency.
- Production Support - Provide ongoing production support and maintenance of all MODUS® modules with an excellent average time to fix for production bugs.
- Internal User Support - Provide user support to internal staff when requested while being responsive, helpful, and having a positive demeanor.
- Testing - Perform or manage QA testing prior to releasing system upgrades with the goal of having no post release bugs.
- Professional Education - Stay educated on emerging technologies to maintain the ability to innovate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of programming experience in Windows or Web applications using VB.NET.
- Strong experience in Microsoft .NET languages (VB, C#, LINQ), technologies (Web Services, Windows Forms, Entity Framework, Unity), and tools (Visual Studio 2013, Team Foundation Server).
- Windows and Web Services.
- Crystal Reports.
- Experience with the principles of Agile Development, required.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Unit Testing.
- Mastery of IT patterns and practices (e.g. Repository Pattern)
- Working Knowledge of high volume batch processing techniques.
- Experience with all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Solid skills with all Microsoft Office products (including Visio).
- Strong problem solving, time management, and organizational tendencies.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies.
- Focus on quality and performance in all development tasks.
- Good written and oral skills. Ability to teach groups of people. Ability to write specifications, proposals, or other technical documentation
Coverys is an equal-opportunity employer. Coverys’ job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.
Application Developer - .NET / VB.NET / SQL Server