Under general supervision of the Manager, Service Desk and Desktop Support, provides support for all reported desktop-related issues. Provides second-level support for all application issues reported to the Help Desk. Acts as an in-house workstation and software consultant. Installs and upgrades approved software. Provides assistance to the user and troubleshoots hardware and software problems, resolving in a timely manner. Performs network restores upon request for deleted or corrupt files. Works directly or remotely with end user to troubleshoot issues. Develops and updates documentation for applications and processes that end users utilize. Under general supervision, may participate on Corporate approved projects. Promotes total contact ownership by keeping the end user informed during the entire problem/resolution process.
- Responds to support requests that Service Desk Analysts are unable to resolve; provides support within an agreed upon response time set forth by the Service Desk Analyst and the client (there are presently over 100 separate applications being supported by the Desktop staff).
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems related to internally-developed applications and commercial off-the shelf (COTS) software; provides resolution. Interacts closely with developers, end-users, and administrators to analyze software issues and implement workarounds and permanent solutions.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems related to workstations, printers, networks, etc.; provides resolution. Explains resolution and provides training in the use of workstations and software; enters resolution into service ticket and creates or updates documentation when necessary.
- Provides secondary support to Service Desk phones and email as necessary.
- Makes appropriate changes to software documentation and reference materials for clients. Recommends systems modifications in order to reduce problems and enhance systems availability.
- Performs network file restores for files that have become corrupt or have been deleted.
- Follows-up with client to verify everything is still working properly and answer any questions as part of our Total Contact Ownership (TCO).
- Configures and deploys workstations and laptops on ongoing 3-year rotating cycle. Prepares workstations for home use and trains users on remote access procedures prior to sending equipment home.
- Installs workstation software through provided documentation; configures software to meet client needs; tests software to ensure quality and client acceptance. Updates documentation for software installation, setup procedures, and other information.
- Serves as a central contact to coordinate technical services with other departments.