Hours: 7am - 3pm Wednesday thru Sunday
At Physicians Mutual you will be a member of a security team that strives to remain cutting edge in technology and procedures. While some of your time is spent monitoring various security and building systems, you will also respond to, and perform dispatch duties, to emergencies of all types, while displaying a professional and courteous demeanor. As a full time Security Officer with Physicians Mutual you will help protect the company from theft, vandalism, fire or damage. As part of enforcing personnel regulations and policies, you will detect and prevent unauthorized individuals from entering company property.
- High school education or its equivalent is required.
- One (1) year of Criminal Justice education or two (2) years security experience or related background is required.
- Ability to obtain certification as a Certified Protection Officer (CPO) within one (1) year of employment, and retain certification for the length of employment.
- Must be able to climb and descend 6 flights of stairs.
- Working knowledge of computers necessary to monitor security alarm systems, complete computer-generated reports, and enter data into computer databases.
- Familiarity with and ability to follow Company safety and security procedures.
- Ability to deal with intruders with considerable tact and diplomacy in order to avoid escalating situations.
- Ability to remain calm during emergency situations.
- Ability to produce digital identification cards; maintain access control database, and run necessary reports.
- Ability to conduct initial investigations of incidents and write detailed reports.
- Excellent customer service skills to enhance interaction with employees, visitors, vendors, and customers.
- Participates in defensive tactics, access control, weather alert, first-aid/CPR/AED, and other training as required.
Note: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and corporate/client background checks.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.