Monday - Friday
Hours: 7am - 3:30pm
Under direct supervision performs some or all the following duties daily: operates various machinery such as; baumfolder, handcutter, ultra 2000, postage meters and PCs to ensure time service is met. Receives mail drops daily and sorts, routes and delivers incoming mail with interdepartmental pickups/deliveries. Empties and sorts mail received from off-site locations, USPS, claims, agents, FedEx, and UPS. Folds/inserts outgoing mail from various departments within the Company. Uses the SendSuite system to process special mail requests such as incoming/outgoing, certified packages; operates postage meter and logs outgoing mail counts as required. Completes paperwork for detailed reporting.
- Ability to learn how to operate various Mail Room equipment such as postage meters, ultras, sendsuite, baumfolder, handcutter, etc.
- Written communication skills sufficient to complete special mail requests and delivery forms.
- Math skills sufficient to maintain routine production records.
- Ability to perform or coordinate performance of several routine tasks simultaneously depending upon fluctuating workloads with attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to handle materials weighing up to approximately 70 pounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective human relations skills to complete job duties using cooperation and teamwork.
- PC knowledge is desired but not required.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.