Physicians Mutual is hiring for a Customer Group Systems Coordinator in our Customer Group Business Analytics area. The selected candidate will monitor and maintain various computer systems that enable Customer Group to process customer requests. Investigates and identifies Customer Group system errors and makes or coordinates the necessary corrective actions. Develops, tests, and implements enhancements, logic, rules, calculations, etc., to Customer Group systems in response to new/modified policy offerings, process improvements, and regulatory changes. Documents and writes appropriate instructions for use by Customer Group personnel; verifies accuracy of various Customer Group production and management reports. Generates reports for the Customer Group to support management, research and Corporate needs.
- High school education or its equivalent is required.
- College degree in business or related field is preferred.
- 8-10 years experience required including business process or auditing responsibilities.
- 2-4 years of systems analysis work in business settings and/or major course work in computer programming or equivalent work experience desired.
- General knowledge of Life and Health Insurance principles in order to provide a basic understanding of underwriting and claims processes.
- Good knowledge of Company products and a working knowledge of auditing procedures, functions, guidelines and department workflow.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Good analytical skills in order to review and evaluate Customer Group systems, rules, logic, calculations and results.
- Ability to work independently and research issues to determine best possible solutions.
- General knowledge of State Department of Insurance laws, rules and regulations.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.