Physicians Mutual is hiring a Data Engineer in our Enterprise Technology Group. The selected candidate will map source system data to data warehouse models or other file transformations (source to target mappings). Develops complex ETL processes. Follows ETL standards, goals, and objectives. Follows Change Management/Configuration Management processes for the deployment of code into test and production environments. Provides rotational on-call support, responding quickly to production issues. Creates basic to moderate physical designs of ETL processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Post graduate degree or coursework a plus.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years IT experience and at least 2 years of experience required in data warehousing, relational database management systems, multi-dimensional database management systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one ETL tool such as IBM InfoSphere DataStage (or comparable ETL tool) is required. In addition to that, hands-on experience in creating ETL solutions with Python/Spark is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Warehousing data population techniques for target structures such as Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, highly normalized data models, and file structures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of source to target mappings.
- Demonstrates relational database knowledge; possesses a broad understanding of the current and prospective data architecture, and database performance tuning.
- Experience with programming languages such as PySpark, UNIX scripting, Java is desirable.
- Demonstrates ETL staging environment development skills and strong SQL programming skills in a DB2 environment.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills.
- Has ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal personnel.
- Must be customer focused and excel in coordination of problem resolution.
- Flexibility to work in a changing, fast-paced environment and work with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is desirable.
- Rotational On-Call support is expected.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.