Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Automation Test Engineer in our Enterprise Technology Group. The incumbent will create and maintain automation scripts. Will execute the scripts and validate results, documents problems and communicate finding. The incumbent stores scripts and other deliverables in the testing repository. Provides estimated labor and determine product delivery schedules; creates and maintains test plans and strategies. Manual testing may be expected depending on project needs and existing automation. Incumbent creates test cases, test data and test procedures and raises concerns through appropriate channels, as needed, to facilitate a quality implementation. Coordinates all test activities in a team environment to drive towards a successful project delivery and meet agreed upon milestones.
- Ability to develop automated tests using programming/scripting languages. Not just record & playback.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programing concepts.
- Prior experience with a programming language (Java/c#) or functional Test Automation tools like HP UFT/Selenium/Appium.
- Experience developing automated test scripts within the bounds of a test automation framework.
- Experience in writing MS Excel macros using VBA.
- Experience using SQL for data validation & verification.
- Experience with Performance/Load testing is a plus.
- Experience with mobile testing using functional tools is a plus.
- Must have the ability to author manual test cases from requirements/acceptance criteria.
- Must have the knowledge of various testing techniques in order to execute the test plans within the agreed timelines.
- Must have the ability to comprehend technical requirements & architectures in order to generate test cases with optimum test coverage.
- Experience logging defects, and tracking them to closure by following the Defect lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate the status of testing, and must be able to generate testing metrics, as needed.
- Experience working on an Agile scrum team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Driven self-starter and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Estimating work effort and determine delivery schedules.
Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field is required plus 2 years prior professional work experience is required or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field plus 4 years prior professional work experience required. Prior professional work experience must have been as a Software Programmer role or Test Automation Engineer role. Professional work experience must include hands-on work with Java/C#/Selenium/HP UFT. Must have good understanding of the testing discipline as it applies to the Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.