This position reports to the Director, Marketing Analytics, and provides insights and leadership in improving cross-channel marketing efforts. The incumbent will be responsible for developing solutions to monitor and measure online and offline prospect and customer experience, and discovering insights to optimize marketing programs and making recommendations. Determines profitability of cross-channel marketing programs, accurately attributing value back to marketing dollars spent. Designs, develops, tests and implements statistical programs to track and forecast metrics for customer marketing campaigns to support Demand Generation, Journey Management and Sales Management functions. Identifies actionable customer segments based on customer behaviors. Identifies marketing opportunities and evaluates effectiveness of media selections and makes recommendations to improve results, manage promotion costs and improve program effectiveness. Communicates key insights using visualization and storytelling, representing Division or Department manager in corporate meetings or presentations as assigned.
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS/MBA) with a focus on Analytics, Math, Statistical Sciences, Data Science, Actuarial Science, Data-Mining, Marketing or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 5 + years of experience in customer marketing using statistically based data analytics.
- Experience in Python and fluency in SQL.
- Experience with web reporting tools, such as Google Analytics, Webtrends, Google AdWords, etc. is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as Tableau or Power BI preferred.
- Experience working with wide range of marketing and sales concepts such as demand generation and journey building.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics):
- Strong knowledge in database concepts, Business Intelligence concepts and tools such as DB2, SQL, SAS, Access, Excel and Tableau.
- In-depth understanding of Company's data sources, data structures, operating systems, and reporting systems.
- Understanding of paid search, behavioral marketing, social media, e-mail marketing, SEO and digital advertising
- Solid understanding of cross-channel insurance marketing, business operations, and reporting requirements with the ability to deliver insights that will drive the business forward
- Understanding of the key performance indicators and metrics that impact the customer experience
- A leader/doer mentality, adaptable and flexible to the constantly changing needs of a business partners
- Self-motivated and able to operate effectively under strict deadlines with minimal to no supervision
- Excellent project management and team leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple interrelated deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, including the ability to analyze and forecast financial and performance data
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.