Hours: 7:30am - 4:00pm
Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Claims Analyst to review and analyze multiple source claim documents and correspondence to determine proper processing. This position is also responsible to:
- Identify and analyze claim information by reading and interpreting written and coded correspondence using specific knowledge of and experience with code identification, medical terminology and state regulations/laws.
- Analyze correspondence and converts medical diagnoses and surgical procedures to computer compatible codes.
- Research master claim records, claim history records, available manuals and reference books to clarify conflicting or missing information.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- One year experience in an office setting demonstrating strong PC skills is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology and general knowledge of health insurance products.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to work independently.
- Reading and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.